M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bow: hi fellow 109 riders brought my bike in september and while cleaning it noticed 2 very small orange peel type marks on the front of the petrol tank. My partner said ring the dealer and tell them and i said they wont do anything. Anyway i was talking on the phone to the dealer chasing up my sissy bar and said to him about the paint he said take it to the nearest suzuki dealer for them to look at. the end result a new petrol tank is on its way out from japan expected to be about two weeks. just wish the sissy bar coming from america was as quick :a18: anyway just thought i would share that with you because i,m very happy about it. means no scratches in the tank

·
Registered
195 Posts
now you no that thy are only replacing the thank do to the orange peel on the tank, not the scratches. That means that thy will give you a new tank without the orange peel on it but thy will have to give you the scratches back. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you used 'Goo Gone' or a similar product to remove the decasls on the tank, any overspray not cleaned up could penetrate the clear coat and cause the orange peel that you're seeing. This happened to me on my Valkyrie.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:confused: hi george c. thank you for that but im pretty sure i can live without the scratches on the new tank i might miss them abit but i dont think so. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
according to Rockinrose who has connections inside Suzuki there were a lot of 06's that had a slight indentation just to the left of the filler cap as you sit on the bike. they were replacing those too but they are harder to spot than you think. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts