M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, I'm about to turn 52 been riding since child. Every kind of bike imaginable. Just sold my VFR1200F DCT, looking for something more comfortable. Then I found this... https://carousell.app.link/RTWofVa0tjb. I watched the videos on YouTube and think I know what I would be getting into. I'm an American big guy 255lb 5 11. Singapore roads suck and Malaysia border closed. Does the engine throw a lot of heat? We got a lot of tight parking here and lane splitting a must! I also need some storage, can mount a top box even if it looks stupid? I don't want side bags because of land splitting. How about the bike, anything to watch out for on this one? Advice recommendations greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can ride my M109R, (VZR1800) all day. I have been on some bad American roads, and it rides better than my Harley owning friends bikes do. I don't know how much stuff you need to carry, but my sissy bar bag can pack for a week trip easy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's 9/11. My Marine Senses are on high alert.

My bad, it's all good
No. Good call. I've been in Singapore too long. Ha.... Thanks for your service. I've been thinking all day about 911 too..... never forget. I'm a professor here, really missing home, got stuck here cuz of covid and lost my job in states. Anyway, been looking for another big bike in Singapore.... m109r looks good, just maybe too big to be practical here... especially if high heat output like the Ducati Evo I sold 2 years ago. Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
The heat isn't too bad. I live in the San Joaquin Valley in California where we have had 36 days over 100 this summer. You can tell when the fan kicks on, but I ride in shorts when going to work. I can tell it is hot, but not unbearable by any means.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
I agree, the heat on this bike isn't too bad. It's actually one of the least heat emitting bike I've ever had.

But I've seen videos of traffic in Singapore, and there's no way I could recommend this bike for riding there. First, it's huge compared to most other bikes. The handlebars are over 35" end to end, plus most mirrors stick out a couple inches more than that. Saddlebags, unless they are large, aren't going to make it wider than the bars. Across the rear fender is almost 18", and with the Cobra Swepts I have on mine, it's almost 24" from one side of the fender to the outside of the exhausts. Throw in the foot pegs and it's close to 30" wide down at peg level.

It's a great bike, but I can't imagine having to lane split constantly with it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

I agree, the heat on this bike isn't too bad. It's actually one of the least heat emitting bike I've ever had.

But I've seen videos of traffic in Singapore, and there's no way I could recommend this bike for riding there. First, it's huge compared to most other bikes. The handlebars are over 35" end to end, plus most mirrors stick out a couple inches more than that. Saddlebags, unless they are large, aren't going to make it wider than the bars. Across the rear fender is almost 18", and with the Cobra Swepts I have on mine, it's almost 24" from one side of the fender to the outside of the exhausts. Throw in the foot pegs and it's close to 30" wide down at peg level.

It's a great bike, but I can't imagine having to lane split constantly with it.
Thank you. This is exactly the kind of info I needed!!! Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts