M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all! Just looking for a sanity check here. I currently own both a 2004 Goldwing and a 2003 Electra Glide. I have an 06 Yamaha FJR 1300 on order, with a delivery later this month from D&H. Unfortunately, I am now enamored with the M109...sat on one and heard the growl from that outstanding stock exhaust. Since I can't have 4 bikes (wife would really kick me to the curb), just wondering what you would do...ditch the FJR and get the M109, or execute some other combo. I have been thinking about getting rid of the Harley, but every time I ride it I change my mind! I sure do love the Wing for long hauls too. Like most of you (I'm betting), I find it hard to make rational decisions when it comes to bikes....I guess 'cause I can find something to like about all of them! Words of wisdom appreciated. Thanks! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
398 Posts
Ditch the FJR ,get the M109R. You wont regret it.
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Airborne06 said:
Greetings all! Just looking for a sanity check here. I currently own both a 2004 Goldwing and a 2003 Electra Glide. I have an 06 Yamaha FJR 1300 on order, with a delivery later this month from D&H. Unfortunately, I am now enamored with the M109...sat on one and heard the growl from that outstanding stock exhaust. Since I can't have 4 bikes (wife would really kick me to the curb), just wondering what you would do...ditch the FJR and get the M109, or execute some other combo. I have been thinking about getting rid of the Harley, but every time I ride it I change my mind! I sure do love the Wing for long hauls too. Like most of you (I'm betting), I find it hard to make rational decisions when it comes to bikes....I guess 'cause I can find something to like about all of them! Words of wisdom appreciated. Thanks! :D
That's a tuff one, those are all great bikes. ::) I would say all the bikes you have now are pretty much the same (Touring), the M109R is not like any of those bikes you own now, it is a Sport Cruiser. If you want something totally differant than what you have now the M109R is the bike to go with. :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Personally i'd ditch the electra glide. The fjr is great for some decent speed and touring. The goldwing is a cadillac and is good for long distances. The electra glide is ok for each of those but if you want long distance, your takin the goldwing anyway. I ride an electra and im finding i ride it less and less now that i have the m109. Plus think of the value you can get out of that harley in trade when compared to the others lol.


Nick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Every answer is going to be different, but I would cancel the order on the Yamaha. Like Lamont said these machine are all touring types. The Wing is the top of the food chain as far as tourers go. The Yamaha is a "faster" version, while the Harley is a more "soulful" version. If I already owned all three bikes, I'd lose the Harley. How is that for making the waters a bit more murky?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
817 Posts
300CREW said:
Every answer is going to be different, but I would cancel the order on the Yamaha. Like Lamont said these machine are all touring types. The Wing is the top of the food chain as far as tourers go. The Yamaha is a "faster" version, while the Harley is a more "soulful" version. If I already owned all three bikes, I'd lose the Harley. How is that for making the waters a bit more murky?
I totally agree with Mr. Crew. :) If you already owned the Yammie, I'd ditch the Harley. But since you haven't taken delivery on the Yammie yet, I'd just cancel that order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guys...thanks for taking the time to chime in with your views. I suspect I'll just cancel the Yammie. I do miss having a true cruiser, and the M109 looks like it will really scratch that itch! I looked at the Harley cruisers too. I had a Lowrider...nice bike, but too underpowered by today's standards, and would have to drop way too much money into it to make it what I want. I suspect that's why I'll hang with the Electra Glide as well...I've dumped close to 5 grand into it, so I don't feel like taking the loss. The Suzuki is the best of the cruisers...looks, power, and I'm guessing low maintenance. I almost went for a VTX...that is until I saw the Suzuki! Again, thanks for the insight. maybe next time we'll all be doing this over a beer at some M109 git-together! Regards...A06
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
Sell the H-D and stop the order on the Yammie, you can probably make out on the sale of the H-D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Only you can decide, but this is how I would do:

1) Cancel the FJR 1300.
2) Buy an M109R.
3) Sell the Electra Glide
4) Buy a 2006 Yamaha R1

This is my motivation:
Now you have three completely different bikes which are all top choices within their classes. The Goldwing is great for those long trips. The M109R is the perfect bike for just enjoying a slow (or fast :evil:) cruise. The R1 is great for the days you want to have some real fun in the twisties (or the highway). Owning three so different bikes will make you appreciate each one much more. Plus, You'll probably get alot more money for the Electra Glide than the new R1 costs, which means you get money for mods etc.

It's settled then. Go do it. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
ditch the harley. you already have the goldwing for long comfy rides, and the harley will get you more money.
 
G

·
I wish I had that hard of a decision. I had to sell every toy I had to get this. The only thing I've got left in the garage is the kids bikes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
toneout said:
I wish I had that hard of a decision. I had to sell every toy I had to get this. The only thing I've got left in the garage is the kids bikes.
I am with you..... may have to sell their bikes for accessories
 

·
Radio Active Member
Joined
·
27,669 Posts
Wanted said:
I totally agree with Mr. Crew. :) If you already owned the Yammie, I'd ditch the Harley. But since you haven't taken delivery on the Yammie yet, I'd just cancel that order.
I would do that and buy two M109's. One Black and one bpurple. :hot: :hot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
908 Posts
Airborne06 said:
Guys...thanks for taking the time to chime in with your views. I suspect I'll just cancel the Yammie. I do miss having a true cruiser, and the M109 looks like it will really scratch that itch! I looked at the Harley cruisers too. I had a Lowrider...nice bike, but too underpowered by today's standards, and would have to drop way too much money into it to make it what I want. I suspect that's why I'll hang with the Electra Glide as well...I've dumped close to 5 grand into it, so I don't feel like taking the loss. The Suzuki is the best of the cruisers...looks, power, and I'm guessing low maintenance. I almost went for a VTX...that is until I saw the Suzuki! Again, thanks for the insight. maybe next time we'll all be doing this over a beer at some M109 git-together! Regards...A06
With a handle like "Airborne06", get rid of all except the Wing and the 109! That'll put you in the best of both worlds! Take it from an ole Airborne dude!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again! I know I'm really in a no lose situation with the bikes...I'm selling the Glide...will take the proceeds and get the 109. Hooah! :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
You will not regret it :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,398 Posts
well i would have to agree it is hard sometimes to get rid of a bike which you like but i guess for me i would cancel the FJ maybe sell the Harley and use the money from that to get the 109 which your wife will think you being responceable due to the money from the Harley will pay for the 109 and than some.

But i am so glad i dint have to make your choice that still would be a hard one

Good luck
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top