M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to dealer for back fire problem he plugged in a reader and told me he open up the fuel 5% to stop the ping/backfire from idle...is this true can he do that with a little hand held tool from Suzuki?i have a similar thing at work for checking electronic truck engines but it only reads faults...cant open the thing up or shut it down.any comments?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes Suzuki Ecu's can be remapped with a yosh box but i have never heard of a dealer doing it but who knows it may just be our dealers around here. :bigthumbs:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yeah $686 for the box(SDS tool) and funny enough $109 for the software. You can open or close exhaust . I have been thinking about it but it is a nice chunk of change. its in the fi section in your service manual ?-25. Don't have all the info about it though and am not sure it would be worth the money ??????????????

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes that is quite a bit for something that will not be used that much.
Check out your local dyno shops most of them around here have them. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
162 Posts
BearCom said:
Yeah $686 for the box(SDS tool)Â and funny enough $109 for the software. You can open or close exhaust . I have been thinking about it but it is a nice chunk of change. its in the fi section in your service manual ?-25. Don't have all the info about it though and am not sure it would be worth the money ??????????????
I have a yosh box that does the same thing. I have 2 will sell one of them for $200 plus shipping. I use them all the time.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Can you give me a link so I can research it ? Or feel free to call me @423-823-1840

1 - 7 of 7 Posts