·
Registered
16,261 Posts
the grips or the locks, or both?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I think he's talking about the locks.
I kinda like them. one on the factory lock is a pain. Two is even harder. Don't even try if they are full face.
what do you do with the brackets when not in use? put them in a pocket? leave them on? Then the key. all my keys are on separate key chains. Two vehicles two bikes, house and mail key. Take what I'm going to be riding that day and go. Dont want to be looking like a janitor with a wod of keys.
Sorry got side tracked. Their pretty cool. If I didn't have stiletto ends on mine I'd think about those

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
My buddy has them on his bike, he likes them.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I keep them on my bike all the time. They are great especially if you have a saddle bags cause they cover the locks. I usually set the helmet on the mirror then lock it in. FYI..You don't really need the slides you can just use the hook on the helmet.

I use the slides and I also use them through the loop on my jacket to hang my jacket off the handle bars. I think there's some pics in my album.:bigthumbsup:

People ask all the time what they are.
Here ya go

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was refering to the locks, my question has been ansered, thanks alot guys, can't wait to get them! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
680 Posts
Not for me1 Don't like the look with it hangng off the grip.
excuse mt ignorance but how would saddle bags hide these?:dontknow:

Juice109

·
Registered
16,261 Posts

Juice109
The hook doesn't permanently hang, you put it on to secure the helmet. Then take it off when you're done.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i have that setup on mine, but i dont use the tbar thing that comes with it. i just hang the helmet by the D-ring.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts

Juice109
Must be the the handlebar-end bags he's talkin about :D :joke:

I think he was talkin about bags hiding the original helmet lock :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
877 Posts
I keep them on my bike all the time. They are great especially if you have a saddle bags cause they cover the locks. I usually set the helmet on the mirror then lock it in. FYI..You don't really need the slides you can just use the hook on the helmet.

I use the slides and I also use them through the loop on my jacket to hang my jacket off the handle bars. I think there's some pics in my album.:bigthumbsup:

People ask all the time what they are.
Here ya go
didnt c n e pic in album...then again i was checkin out all that jerky...:drool:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
huff is talking about tha bags covering the factory helmet lock.
:bigthumbsup:

The only issue I've had with the locks is the key... The keys are REALLY bad about separating from the piece that goes on the key ring. I used some JB weld puddy and pressed it on the flat piece to hold the circle key.

I almost got stuck with the key separated but luckily I had a back up with me.;)

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Yep, they just bolt on with... as I recall 3 allan screws... couldn't be easier!!
two of the screws will have to be ground down. The screws were too long for the throttle side and wouldn't let the throttle move freely. Wasn't that big of a problem.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
I have had those on my bike now for two years. I really like them and use them all of the time. Plus they look better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts