M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only a Mother could love it.......Â

I know.... 'Not PC' .... 'Tasteless', ...yadda..yadda..yadda (I can feel the will to live slipping away from me)

BUT for the truly tasteless amongst us, you car mufflering butchers...here's a quick pic..

Probably wont be the last muffler this bike gets....too wet here to ride to feel if any difference!

Noise is about stock level, but sounds like a Ducat now. It will be a trade off in power against the 'straight through', but I'm hoping not too much, and that it will be a muffler for long trip w/o the head/earache.
Ear plugs didn't do the trick with the carbon..it seemed to get through via bone transfer ....it was so low freq.

Muffler is patterned SS

G

·
Nice.. I like it. Very sport bike like... Some dyno numbers would be great to dissipate your concerns and assure others that it is worth the mod in case they are thinking about it... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
M109R Fan said:
Nice.. I like it. Very sport bike like... Some dyno numbers would be great to dissipate your concerns and assure others that it is worth the mod in case they are thinking about it... :bigthumbsup:
Thanks Emilio..will dyno with both mufflers next week and get new f/a map!

G

·
rasputin said:
cool! can't wait to see your results... I am a personal fan of the look your are going for... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Like it :bigthumbsup: and the angle should keep the back of the pipes off the ground. Nice work as always :D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Binary-speed said:
Like it :bigthumbsup: and the angle should keep the back of the pipes off the ground. Nice work as always :D
.....thanks....and I, your TV Spanish! :joke:

G

·
This looks good. I had been contemplating using a sportbike pipe that was mounted at an angle. I like it. I am curious about the numbers thought. What's the interior diameter? Good work Ras!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
This is something I've wanted to see on our bike for a long time. I think it looks great :bigthumbsup: I like the angle of it and kinds sets the bike up as a sport bike look. That's the cool thing about this bike, It can look like a sport bike a chopper or anything in between. Nice job. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
good job, it looks great. :bigthumbsup: a few on the board would even like it better if it split back out into two and had another muffler on the left side just like yours on the right. there is a picture around here of a VTX Honda done that way with one on each side. G'day.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Now that is cool. The angle is what makes it. The way it sweeps up obscuring the swung arm. Very very nice. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
The only change might be doing something with the hanger so it's not so predominate. Otherwise, this is what I thought the bike should have.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Rasputin  :D Hey Dude "VERY NICE" you are definitely an "ACE MUFFLER MAN" :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:                                                                                                                                                    My Collectors off to ya,I mean my Hat :D :joke:

Durn :eek: I must Be a Motha Cause I Love it  :D :joke:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Devils love it too :evil: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

So far your homebrews rival some of JR's you're good!

Devilish

G

·
rasputin said:
Since you are in the Southern Hemisphere please have your Dyno guy click the Northern Hemisphere option so that we can compare the numbers accurately. You do know that water swirls the opposite direction from us northerners.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Appearance-wise: one of the best yet.

From a distace, the hanger kind of looks like a "hose clamp" -- if this were done as a solid chrome strap I think it would get "best is show so far".

Cheers

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I think the clamp looks good myself! I like it with the holes,I guess thats one of those each his own things :D  :bigthumbsup:

I'd like to know how big the collector is and what size the pipe is inside?
Whats the outside diameter,how long is the main can?
Who Makes it?
Can anybody just order one?
I remember Rasputin saying he was getting one custom made,but is that the last or is the guy that made it gona make more??? I know it will be best to wait and see what the Numbers look like,Just wondering if it's good news on the numbers can we order them also  :bigthumbsup: Later silentrider

1 - 20 of 23 Posts