M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i would keep an online diary instead of photos in a folder of what i'm doing to the bike this winter, maybe get some input from you guys to see what you think ...
so far i have bought a radiator guard, wavey discs, new brake pads front and rear and a full service kit .. will post photos of the discs and guard soon ..
my paintwork is at the painters and i'm changing the colour of the bike to a nicer black ( more sparkle ) and the red parts will be a metallic copper colour it was used on the 2004 suzuki gsxr 1000 .. the top of the tank won't be the same it will be a broad shelby stripe as will the rest of the red parts .. the aftermarket chin spoiler needed a lot of work but it's getting there ..
i will post pics as i get the parts back but here is the state of play at the mo ...
White Black Bumper Asphalt Gas

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Wood Automotive wheel system

Flooring Floor Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

Furniture Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas

Motor vehicle Fender Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here's my fuel filter .. the bike has 5000 miles on it but the funny thing is when i took the pump out the filter was black but now sitting in my house for a few days it has turned white ... maybe because it was soaked in gas ? sent for some new filters anyhow ...
Peripheral Gadget Audio equipment Communication Device Automotive lighting

· Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,735 Posts
I think that's going to look great with that color combo. I've seen the entire bike painted in the metallic copper, but I think it works better as an accent.
On the filter, that's the way mine has done after they dry. I think anything that gets it wet makes it dark. I clean them in a pan with a little gas and some Seafoam in it, and the fluid will get dirty and the filter still looks dark until it dries out.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think that's going to look great with that color combo. I've seen the entire bike painted in the metallic copper, but I think it works better as an accent.
On the filter, that's the way mine has done after they dry. I think anything that gets it wet makes it dark. I clean them in a pan with a little gas and some Seafoam in it, and the fluid will get dirty and the filter still looks dark until it dries out.
so would you advise me to change it anyway ?

· Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,735 Posts
so would you advise me to change it anyway ?
I rotate mine. I've only bought a couple filters, and after that I just clean the dirty one and install one that has been cleaned. I've probably reused the old filters a couple times each. BTW, you can buy them on ebay a lot cheaper than OEM, and they look and fit the same. They come from China so you have to wait a bit to get them.

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I rotate mine. I've only bought a couple filters, and after that I just clean the dirty one and install one that has been cleaned. I've probably reused the old filters a couple times each. BTW, you can buy them on ebay a lot cheaper than OEM, and they look and fit the same. They come from China so you have to wait a bit to get them.
yes mate i know .. i read about the cheap filters on here and found the exact same ones and sent for them .. £16 for five ...

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went to my mates today to get the stencil decals done for the side casings and then picked up the radiator guard after getting it powder coated a nice shiny black ...
the guard will have matt black hexagon wire mesh behind it for a bit of contrast and to keep the stones out ...

here is the stencil decals for the side casings on paper and on vinyl these will be done metallic copper the same colour as the shelby stripes ...
Grey Black-and-white Style Art Font

White Azure Rectangle Font Automotive exterior

Vertebrate Sleeve Mammal Rectangle Font

1 - 9 of 9 Posts