M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the link to Ft Washington HD.
http://www.hdwash.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=templates.display&Page=rollingthunder.main&Menu=13

They leave for the Pentagon at 9am. What time do you all want to meet there? There were over 4000 bikes there last year. In all the directions it states to turn onto Livingston Rd, Texaco gas station there. I think this would be a great place to meet. Let me know what you guys/Susan think. I would love to see a huge turn out.

FROM Washington DC: Take I-295 South (follow signs to MD 210/Indian Head Highway). Go to third stoplight. (Livingston Road, Texaco Gas Station on Right.) Turn Right. H-D of Washington is approximately 1/2 mile on Right.

FROM Maryland: Take Beltway South to Exit 3A. (Maryland 210/Indian Head Highway.) Go to Head Highway). Go to fourth stoplight. (Livingston Road, Texaco Gas Station on Right.) Turn Right. H-D of Washington is approximately 1/2 mile on Right.

FROM Virginia: Take Beltway North to Exit 2A (first exit across the Woodrow WIlson Bridge (follow signs to MD 210/Indian Head Highway). Go to third stoplight. (Livingston Road, Texaco Gas Station on Right.) Turn Right. H-D of Washington is approximately 1/2 mile on Right.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Re: Rolling Thunder / time and place

Might want to meet somewhere else before the Ft. Washington HD meeting area. Too many bikes can cause confusion when looking for others. What about meeting by Murry's meats off the route 4 exit or maybe one of the car dealers off route 5 exit.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

forceofnature said:
Might want to meet somewhere else before the Ft. Washington HD meeting area. Too many bikes can cause confusion when looking for others. What about meeting by Murry's meats off the route 4 exit or maybe one of the car dealers off route 5 exit.
OK here it is, we'll meet at the second light on route 210/Indian Head Hwy. There is a shell gas station there on the right hand side of the road (8005 Indian Head Hwy). There phone number is (301)567-1855. Let's all meet there from 8:15 to 8:45. At 8:45 we will go to the Harley dealership and hook up with the crowd. Then we can hang out at the Pentagon parking lot with the HUGE crowd. I'm sure the HD riders will be lining up to ask questions. :D Then lets leave with them for the ride to the Mall. If you have not seen the "Wall", this is an awesome time to see it and is very moving. Then I was thinking we could take it from there. I believe there are some people that have offered up there hospitality to have a BBQ at there house afterwards. We should figure out if that is something that we want to do, so it can be planned.

For the people comming from the North, we can hook-up and ride to the Shell gas station. I live a couple of miles off Route 97.
If there is anything I have left out, just give me a shout.
If you're comming, let me know so if we are all there at the Shell early we can go to the HD dealer ship early. Just don't want to leave anyone behind. :2cool:

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Not a problem. I truly don't care what kind of bikes are in the pack. I just enjoy riding. I still would like to have most of the bikes being the M's. I think it would be so cool having a ton of HD guys staring at a M pack.
:hot: :clap2: :bow: :bow: :a18: :2cool: :#1: :hot: :hot:

·
Registered
291 Posts

Ryan,

Sounds like a solid plan, I am in!

Not to sound like your mom, but everyone should try and bring some water or buy some at the Shell station as it could be a very hot day and I hate to see anyone get sick because of dehydration. Does anyone know if there will be water or other products (water/food/etc) or facilities provided along the way, at the Pentagon or other? This ride can be especially stressful on your body as you will be sitting in a black tar parking lot for hours at the Pentagon while waiting to queue up. I am going to bring some PowerAid or GatorAid or something like that probably.

-Tim

·
Registered
152 Posts

I'm in, I will run that route to the rally point some time this week to make sure I know were your talking about.
Also I will be in Mexico the week before rolling thunder, returning the day before so if I'm not there then I had a travel "SNAFU"
Side bar, looking forward to meeting you local 109'rs in person and exchanging phone numbers, this will make hooking up for those last minute weekend rides a lot easier.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

dilbertian said:
Ryan,

Sounds like a solid plan, I am in!

Not to sound like your mom, but everyone should try and bring some water or buy some at the Shell station as it could be a very hot day and I hate to see anyone get sick because of dehydration. Does anyone know if there will be water or other products (water/food/etc) or facilities provided along the way, at the Pentagon or other? This ride can be especially stressful on your body as you will be sitting in a black tar parking lot for hours at the Pentagon while waiting to queue up. I am going to bring some PowerAid or GatorAid or something like that probably.

-Tim
Mom, yes there are vendors at the Pentagon parking lot. And they even have porti-potties down there as well.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

Not sure where I'm heading out from to get there, but am riding with my brother from a local dealer near him. Y'all look for me. I'll be on the little bitty vs800, with a great big wolf tank.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

wildwolf said:
Not sure where I'm heading out from to get there, but am riding with my brother from a local dealer near him. Y'all look for me. I'll be on the little bitty vs800, with a great big wolf tank.
Just look for the crowd and the M's will be in the middle of them.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Less then two weeks to go now. And I count 3 M's and a buel.
Myself, forceofnature, dilbertian and rangemaster.
I still would like to get some more guys/gals going.

·
Registered
152 Posts

rynosback said:
Less then two weeks to go now. And I count 3 M's and a buel.
Myself, forceofnature, dilbertian and rangemaster.
I still would like to get some more guys/gals going.
I talked to Centermass, he is planning on rolling with us.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Great, that's now 4 M's hanging out and one buel trying to keep up. I'll call silverm109md and try to get him in.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

SilverM109NMD said:
I'm in....just keep me posted
Did you want to ride down to the Shell together? You will pretty much pass by me. Let me know.

·
Registered
56 Posts

I'm probably in i would likeyou to here my bike in person hopefully if things work out we will leave friday and stay the weekend. I'll keep posted maybe we can get together saturday for a while, still looking for a hotel.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

OK, the more the merrier. Here your bike? If you wanted to tent it there is a KOA by 32 and 97. Not to far from me. Where are you comming from and what color did you get?

·
Registered
56 Posts

nw new jersey. yes i posted a video of my exhaust with the baffles out, everyone keeps telling me it sounds bad a$$ now.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts