M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the call from the dealer today that my black 07 has arrived...

I made up my mind almost 3 months ago that I wanted the 109. I traded in my VMax and have been without a bike ever since, reading all the posts on the forum every day, fighting with the dealer because the delivery date is always next week whenever you phone and ask - and now it's finally here.

I'm feeling like a kid on Christmas morning! :bigthumbsup:

The plan is to take leave from work the whole of next week and really get to know my new 109 - 5 days of cruising :doorag: :super: :D

- Alwyn

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
That sounds like a great plan. You will love your new 109. Its an addiction as you have read here before. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
924 Posts
:clap2: Right on My last bike was a VMAX and I loved that bike, but the 109 is by far the love of my life..... :doorag:

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
We know why you got Black....

JUnk Yard Dog knows why...

Mark and Josh know why...

Brian and Laura know why...

Kelly knows why...

Mike knows why ...

Brian knows why.... (again)

and I know why...

Because once you go BLACK .... you never go back....... :hot: :bigthumbsup: :hot: :beer3: :hot: :clap2: :hot: :yourock:

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Dont forget, BLACK IS BEST!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Congrats on your new addiction!...oh, and you're right Eaglefan! :bigthumbsup: :evil:

Devilish

·
Registered
99 Posts
HEY TONEOUT,
CAN YOU GIVE ME THE LOW DOWN ON YOUR EXHAUST.LOOKS BETTER THAN ANYTHING I'VE SEEN,SO FAR.THANKS :joke: :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And now I finally also know why black is best... (after almost 3 months of waiting...)

:super: :bigthumbsup: :p

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
alwyn said:
And now I finally also know why black is best... (after almost 3 months of waiting...)

:super: :bigthumbsup: :p
Yeah !!!

She looks sweet, you will be very pleased with the Black. Welcome to the club :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I hear yah..just got off phone with dealer...LE will be on hold for me for the spring :bigthumbsup:..10degrees F today with snow. Anyone one else north of 53 degrees Lat. will understand.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Flying Dave said:
Interested to hear your comparison against the Max after you have ridden it for awhile.
Only done about 400kms on the 9 now, planning on doing another 500 tomorrow, but here's my thoughts so far.

The reasons why I sold my max is because I do mostly long trips on my bike, and at 6'6 the Max just became way too crampy for me around the 150km distance. I never had any issues with the motor, and still think it's a great engine and loads of fun.

The 9 is a totally different animal though. Firstly I am finally comfortable on a bike, and I almost actually feel small on it (I weigh 260lbs). The motor has a totally different character to the VMax. Both are extremely brutal and have oodles of character, but I'd say the Max has a 'smoother' feel to it (4 cyl vs 2...)- BUT I do appreciate the 'roughness' of the 9's V Twin.

I'm not 100% sure on the numbers, but from the top of my head I think the VMax will beat the 9 on a quarter mile by a little bit (high 10s for a stock Max?) - but that's purely due to the phenomenon known as VBoost. Personally I am not that interested in leaving tire marks every time pull off.

Overall I am much happier on the 9 than the VMax. Besides the fact that I can go an extra 50kms or so on a tank before I have to fill up (which really makes a HUGE difference) I just like the 9 that much more. I will always acknowledge and respect the Max for what it is, but I am definitely not regretting my decision at all...

I'll let you know after the trip tomorrow if I have any different feelings about the 9, but I think I'll just be MORE in love with it after the extra miles on the long open road :bigthumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts