M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today me and one of my buddies ( who has a 07 h.d Night train) went for about a 6 hour ride today. I took him on a route that had alot of twisties and some hard straight aways. I wooped his :edit: for about three hours, dragging pegs through almost every turn and waiting for him to catch up. He does know how to ride so thats not the problem. We stopped at a riverside bar / grille and sat down to eat and the first thing he says to me is - That bike is one bad machine, harley's suck compaired to your bike. I tried getting him to repeat it so I could get it on video but he wouldn't. It just felt good to knock one of them harley guys off there high horse. :clap2:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Odds are he will never sell it and get a real bike. I ride with a couple Harley guys to and they can't believe how much faster my bike is over theirs. But they refuse to part from their rattle machines!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He will one day see the light and get rid of the h.d. I think its also the huge price hit he will be taking that has him stuck. It didn't help him either that about 15 people today either pulled next to us or when we were stopped came over and gave the old nice bike, or asked a million and one questions about my bike and not one asked or said nice bike to him

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went for a ride friday to a city near by. I wanted to stop at a bike shop there an see what they were about. The place was a _--_ hole, over priced, scrapped out machines. I book and see a bikers shop across the street/w the typical jackets, chaps, patch's, etc. I talk to the guy for half an hour and we end up out side. I could tell he was wanting to take a look at my bike, because he keep looking out the window and talking to me at the same time.
We are walking around my bike and he finally asks what is it, and I tell him. He is very impressed to say the lest.Then we go look at his sportster 883, worn out piece of crap, the pegs even sagged, oil leaks galore. He says it had an oil leak or two, and I say of coarse, its a HD. Then we end up back at my machine, I had to literally pull away and leave him standing there because he wouldn't stop asking questions. :doorag:
Yup I think we have all encountered that situation, they just don't know when to stop

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
What can we say:dontknow: IT IS WHAT IT IS:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love the story! My wife said to me once, "... I didn't realize every stranger wants to check out your bike whenever you go riding." I just shrugged and said I don't notice it anymore.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I wooped his :edit: for about three hours, dragging pegs through almost every turn and waiting for him to catch up.......That bike is one bad machine, harley's suck compaired to your bike.
:doh:......:D

Yep! And on the flip side of that I had a sportbiker that followed 19 of us M109's a couple weeks ago say "Man I've never been into cruisers before but those M109's you guys ride are a completely different animal", and we weren't even pushing it hard at all.

So from Harley riders to Sportbikers they know whats up about the 9! :doorag:

·
Registered
665 Posts
WTF

I just have to let this out! I paid slightly less than USD26k for my 9 which I think is way cheaper than the 1800cc HD Fatboy i saw today at the Harley dealer. USD66666k is the asking price!!!!! Holy s..t.! I was attracted to it because it is orange in color same as my 9 but the price.......:dontknow:

Was sending my 9 for service today and it just so happens that they are also dealing in HD. Guess if both the bikes are put together, the 9 would have drawn more approval.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts