M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Impressive.....what has he done, LaMont ? Is it a basic heads/cam/intake/exhaust like Hal is doing or has he done some bottom end work?

He is only making that power at 5K too.....Our 109's have the bore / stroke ratio and the valve train to rev, UNLIKE any other big V Twin (V Rod isnt Big).........cant wait to see Hal's results.

Impressive VTX nonetheless...... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
for the numbers hes throwin i cant belive its that slows,11.5? my rod is 69ci with 110 to the rear wheel and im to 11.3 and with my 109 im down to low 12s

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skinnybenny9er said:
for the numbers hes throwin i cant belive its that slows,11.5? my rod is 69ci with 110 to the rear wheel and im to 11.3 and with my 109 im down to low 12s
If you read his link you will see that he's down to 10.7 now and he's going to dragracing school to try and get some better times. :doorag:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shriker said:
Impressive.....what has he done, LaMont ? Is it a basic heads/cam/intake/exhaust like Hal is doing or has he done some bottom end work?

He is only making that power at 5K too.....Our 109's have the bore / stroke ratio and the valve train to rev, UNLIKE any other big V Twin (V Rod isnt Big).........cant wait to see Hal's results.

Impressive VTX nonetheless......  :bigthumbsup:
I asked the same thing and this is what I got.

I believe Tim has a big bore kit, pistons, dual intake, Kevin's new cams, not sure about head work.
I'm thinking there is a little more to it because the big bore kit (2000cc) will put you right around 120hp and the duel intake will give you another 10hp or so.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts