M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... I'm going right down to the dealer...really right after i post this... and getting the SEP... it's CHEAP... with all the BS floating around about clutch this and pre-ignition that... WTF... like i said.. it's CHEAP.... i trust that this bike is sound.. but i wear a helmet to protect my skull... i'm getting a SEP to protect my butt....mjm

·
Registered
166 Posts
aceventura said:
hey guys... I'm going right down to the dealer...really right after i post this... and getting the SEP... it's CHEAP... with all the BS floating around about clutch this and pre-ignition that... WTF... like i said.. it's CHEAP.... i trust that this bike is sound.. but i wear a helmet to protect my skull... i'm getting a SEP to protect my butt....mjm
You may be able to get the SEP cheaper from Oneida Suzuki, I personally haven't found a better price than them, since it is just a piece of paper there is no worry of you receiving it damaged from Oneida like some people have had getting things from Oneida, just an FYI :bigthumbsup:

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/cycle/suzuki-sepp/

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BIGD... said:
:dontknow: WTF IS AN SEP?
zuki extended protection

silly me... back before i got my 109.... i had 1st bought a new m50... services on the m50.. require lots of valve adjustment.. so i stepped up for the dealer networks service plan.... at 600 miles on the m50.. i traded it in for the 109...m50 was not to my liking... when i did the paperwork, i transfered the service plan to the 109.... as we all know.. the services on the 109 are not all that extensive... mostly oil changes.... i am running amsoil and can go a little more than the OEM recommendations... plus i am suppling my own oil to boot.. to get what i wanted in fluids... anyway.. didn't think it was worth what i had paid in the beginning... i went to the dealer as you know.. my plan was to sell back the unused services and use the $ to get a factory SEP...dealer said.. transfer OK.. sell or cancel no.. bad news.. not really...turns out... that it all extended my warranty just like the SEP for unlimited miles and a total of 2 yrs... hey I'm happy... works for me...just didn't read EVERYTHING to make it clear...ROCK and ROLL!!!...mjm

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BlackCherry said:
Suzuki says "you know we're gonna really bend you over when you need repairs, so you can pay us now, or you can pay us later, it's your choice. We recommend you pay us now because our supplies of vaseline are running low!" :joke:
that's why i was going for it!!!.... plus it was a safety margin against the unlikely aspect that SOME of this BS we have been chatting about became real...mjm

·
Registered
326 Posts
Personally I looked at it and figured that a first year bike would have some issues. Nobody is perfect. For a couple hundred bucks I can have the piece of mind that I won't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
BlackCherry said:
Suzuki says "you know we're gonna really bend you over when you need repairs, so you can pay us now, or you can pay us later, it's your choice. We recommend you pay us now because our supplies of vaseline are running low!"Â :joke:
are you saying its a waste of money?.....from reading your post's I can see you have allot of experience
working in the motorcycle industry........but the vaseline thing :eek:.... :joke: I didn't get the sep
my dealer quoted me a thousand something for three years :yikes: :yikes:

But aceventura you said it......B.S.......I dint think there is anything wrong with this bike.
besides the pre-ignition stuff is associated to the jsd-mod.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FOURNINES said:
are you saying its a waste of money?.....from reading your post's I can see you have allot of experience
working in the motorcycle industry........but the vaseline thing :eek:.... :joke: I didn't get the sep

But aceventura you said it......B.S.......I dint think there is anything wrong with this bike.
besides the pre-ignition stuff is associated to the jsd-mod.
no .. i sorry not to be clear... i think that the bike is basically sound.. and as FTC mentioned we may have some teething pains.... i was just being graphic and concise with BS comment... i swear for effect.. i actually have a fairly broad vocabulary too.... hey it may all be real.. i don't know... i don't think that LAM or anyone else in making stuff up..i'm not sure we have pre-ignition.. with the JSD.. not enuf scientific discovery was performed... time will tell if WE have problems.. just want a back up plan in place... the UNSPOKEN part of my concern is a hick up i have with my bike... not going to get into it yet.. cause i don't have all the info on it yet.. going back to the dealer in the am..my tech is going to look at it.. if need be.. I'll report back here and explain.. for now.. don't need to wake a sleeping dog...mjm

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
FOURNINES said:
I'm not much for extended warranties on new products. Since this is a first year production bike there could be issues with the bike that may take a few years to iron out, so it's a toss up as to whether or not the SEP is worth the $$ or not. I like to think any vehicle made in Japan, car or motorcycle, is reliable enough to pass on the extended warranty. I bought a 5 y/o Toyota Highlander and decided to get the ext. warranty on that because you just never really know how well the previous owner treated and maintained it. I almost never get the ext. warranty on electronics either. I try to buy that stuff from Costco so if there's an issue I just take it back. ;) :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BlackCherry said:
I'm not much for extended warranties on new products. Since this is a first year production bike there could be issues with the bike that may take a few years to iron out, so it's a toss up as to whether or not the SEP is worth the $$ or not. I like to think any vehicle made in Japan, car or motorcycle, is reliable enough to pass on the extended warranty. I bought a 5 y/o Toyota Highlander and decided to get the ext. warranty on that because you just never really know how well the previous owner treated and maintained it. I almost never get the ext. warranty on electronics either. I try to buy that stuff from Costco so if there's an issue I just take it back. ;) :bigthumbsup:
i had one on my 89' carrera... (hey that one was Silver too... 89 was the 25th -silver anniversary - of the 911...) new off the showroom floor.. sold it w/ 18k on the clock... 5 yr later.. a hanger queen for sure.. only time it was wet was when i washed it... had some repairs done under extended paid for itself...

had a 99 Blazer... third of three that i Had from new... anyway.. ESP (extended service plan)... put 3 h20 pumps and a fuel sending unit in it plus 3 idler tensioner.. paid for itself...

a few other stories but.. not now.. got stuff to do...

its like anything else.. insurance if you want it or can afford it....

i got this plan for the m50... cause of the expensive services.. not for the SEP... worked out ok this time...

·
Registered
326 Posts
FOURNINES said:
I didn't get the sep
Your dealer is seriously screwing you. Check out the Oneida Suzuki website and look at the 60 month 901cc and up plan for $450.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Makes sense. I have been in the automotive industry for about 16 years (parts). I can attest to many occasions when repair bills exceeded $2500 and extended warranty paid in full. Don't misunderstand, there are also "junk" warranties you can get screwed on. I always purchase the warranty on my vehicles I just don't pay what they want. Generally they try you for at least 100% markup, knowing there is room to negotiate. I purchased the 5 year extended that covers every component that Suzuki does for $478.00. That's six years total with unlimited mileage. Why wouln't you spend the extra 500 bucks? :dontknow: anyways, to each his own opinion. I would prefer to pay $500 up front to avoid a possible OUTRAGEOUS bills later. Just my .02

·
Registered
185 Posts
When I bought my '07 last month my dealer offered me a 3 year extended warranty for $500...at first I said I'd pass on it but then he told me that if I bought it and didn't have to use the warranty within the 3 years that they would refund 100% of the $500 cost for the warranty....so how could I turn down a pretty much free warranty...if I don't have to use it. :dontknow: I have been doing business with this dealer for several years so I trust him, plus it is all in writing...we shall see if it all works out at the end of 3 years.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
texas109 said:
i got the 3year on top of the one year plus the jacket and a helmet thrown in with the price of the bike :D
plus a free bottle of loctite to boot :joke: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts