803 Posts
This is my first time using them and they are nice 1000miles and
they seem to do there job well :bigthumbsup:
I know some swear by them
I would use them again for sure!!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Only thing I use. Have had on this bike for 36k miles and Bikergranny's has 15K worth on beads. Absolutely love them.

3 oz in the rear, 2 oz up front is all you need.

·
Registered
595 Posts
They also make your tires last longer since they automatically re balance as the tire wears. I get a few more thousand miles out of a set of Dunny E3's with Dynabeads than I did with conventional wheel weights :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
just did the same combo and I like it could not tell any difference when adding beads take your time just tap the side of bottle slightly and let them roll into the tube slowly. I will use them for now on

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the info...Now, how hard is it to change the tire on this beast? Is this something that I could do in my garage with out nay tire machine? Or just leave it to the shop to do the manual labor??? it's $40 to mount the tire from the shop...

·
Registered
144 Posts
The rear tire is a bear to change and I have a manual tire changer. If you have the equipment give it a go. If not pay the cash, you'll be happy you did.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
I've always changed my own bike tires and have changed 2 sets on the 109. It's not bad but if you've never changed a set you either need to have someone help that has, or take it somewhere. That rear tire is almost like changing a car tire, and you need the right tools and process to do it. Take a look at some of the videos on Nomar's website for some tips. I use their techniques but not their tools.

http://www.nomartirechanger.com/video/showcase

As far as they Dyna Beads, I've used them on all my bikes. The last set of tires I put on I didn't install any just to see how much difference they made. The bike didn't shake or feel bad, but you could tell it was smoother with them in the tires.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Just do it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ive never used them but am interested in them as you all seem happy with them. I see how they counteract static balance issues, but they would nothing for dynamic balance but I guess dynamic isn't as noticable :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
Ive never used them but am interested in them as you all seem happy with them. I see how they counteract static balance issues, but they would nothing for dynamic balance but I guess dynamic isn't as noticable :dontknow:
It's actually the opposite of that. They do little for static balance, since they move around in the tire. But they do an excellent job of dynamic balance since they reposition to balance the rotating tire. They start balancing at something around 25-30 mph, but you can't tell a tire is out of balance below that.

They also won't show the tire is balanced on a balancing machine. You need the tire to flex on the road surface to cause them to redistribute.

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Yes the beads balance your tire and IMHO, work waaaay better than traditional methods. Here is how they work:

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/HowItWorks.htm
Thanks for providing that BobbyMac. That was very enlightening. I had always wondered how they actually worked. I knew they would spread out evenly inside the tire, but I didn't have this knowledge or understanding about the whole process and the functions of the Dyna Beads.

Thanks.

BCRUZN

·
Registered
315 Posts
Did the Dynos this past year and what a big improvement. The bike is alot smoother all the way to top end. And was actually cheaper than my dealer wanted to charge me to balance with the ugly lead weights.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
really good but not perfect

I've had beads in for two tire changes now (re-used for the next set). This last time, out of curiosity, I took my rear wheel with the new tire (Dun. E3 250) and my old beads installed down to my friends' MC shop to spin test on his computerized balancer. We spun and re-spun about ten times. Usually it zeroed out perfect, but the readings were a little inconsistent. It only varied by a quarter of an ounce (the amount of weight to add or remove for the machine to indicate a perfect balance) but my buddy said you probably wouldn't feel a vibration until about 150 MPH with that amount of discrepency. I've had mine to at least 135 MPH with both sets of tires and it has always felt smooth. I was expecting a perfect read every time, but I'm happy and am sticking with balancing beads.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I've had beads in for two tire changes now (re-used for the next set). This last time, out of curiosity, I took my rear wheel with the new tire (Dun. E3 250) and my old beads installed down to my friends' MC shop to spin test on his computerized balancer. We spun and re-spun about ten times. Usually it zeroed out perfect, but the readings were a little inconsistent. It only varied by a quarter of an ounce (the amount of weight to add or remove for the machine to indicate a perfect balance) but my buddy said you probably wouldn't feel a vibration until about 150 MPH with that amount of discrepency. I've had mine to at least 135 MPH with both sets of tires and it has always felt smooth. I was expecting a perfect read every time, but I'm happy and am sticking with balancing beads.
Good info. I have had ours over 140 and have had no issues at all. Glass smooth. I have seen bikes without weights/beads ride smooth. I think the balancing has more tolerance on a bike then a car. So, I can totally understand what your friend is saying and it makes sense.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts