M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

THE HISTORY:
30 something and decided I wanted a bike. Knew NOTHING about bikes. Shopped around a couple months before deciding on brand new Kawasaki ZZR 600. Sold 2 1/2 years later because I couldn't handle riding in the "fetal position". 2 years pass and I was itching to ride again. But wanted a cruiser this time. Yamaha Raider, M90, M109, and Harley's V-Rod Muscle and Rocker C were instant front runners. Raider looked at its best if it was modded and chromed out, Harley's were too pricey for the offering, M90 was too short for 6' of me. Joined this forum to get feedback on NEW vs USED . Helpful info. Then test road a 9 and was SOLD. I'm grateful.

THE DEAL:
Found brand new '09, 2 hours down the road. Bike + temporary riding tags + tie down straps for trailer + cramp buster (for the anticipated long rides) + full tank of gas = LESS than $10k out the door. I'm smiling.

OFTEN:
1. Mistaken for a hardley
2. Washing... (the Beast seems allergic to "clean")
3. Rushing out to ride
4. Gets lost when time to go home
5. Gets thumbs up and 2 fingers down

After 2 months of city riding, I hit the interstate today for a 200 mile round trip.

NOTICED:
1. Not enough cushion in my "seat" to ride the Suzuki saddle for more than an hour
2. A sport windshield would be good and a front fairing would be great. (Still loving what I got)
3. Bugs hitting neck @ 80 mph sting for a split second
4. Road kill(ed) don't move
5. 1 tank of gas sufficed for the whole trip
6. Bike seemed to float at 100 mph...on Cloud 9...Brought it back down
7. I could talk forever about the 9

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
:congrats:and:welcome:! You made a wise choice my friend. you got the best bang for your buck. Let the mods begin.:D

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
:congrats: & :congrats: Let's see some pics!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Smart move enjoy

Man I been down that road, same seinario. Come off of sports bike zx12 and zx14 I have to admit buck for buck the 9 is the best. Not zx fast but dam this Batch is a coool,slick chick getting as bike. If your not married get ready for you P meter to go up and enjoy the extra passangers. O yea I have never saw so many young kids stop to look at a crusier were im from most kids like sports bike, but when the 9 rides pass all i get is the WOW's and the stand it signal " the design is so sweet kids think it is a sports bike" and want to see a wheelie, but I dont feel that comfortable with my legs forward trying yet plus I got to much chrome baby to drop mine...lol

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
THE HISTORY: 30 something and decided I wanted a bike. Knew NOTHING about bikes. Shopped around a couple months before deciding on brand new Kawasaki ZZR 600. Sold 2 1/2 years later because I couldn't handle riding in the "fetal position". 2 years pass and I was itching to ride again. But wanted a cruiser this time. Yamaha Raider, M90, M109, and Harley's V-Rod Muscle and Rocker C were instant front runners. Raider looked best when modded and chromed out, Harley's were pricey for the offering, M90 was too short for 6' of me. Test road a 9 and was SOLD. Joined this forum to get feedback on NEW vs USED. Helpful info. I'm grateful.

THE DEAL: Found brand new '09, 2 hours down the road. Bike + temporary riding tags + tie down straps for trailer + cramp buster (for the anticipated long rides) + full tank of gas = LESS than $10k out the door. I'm smiling.

OFTEN:
1. Mistaken for a hardley
2. Washing... (the Beast seems allergic to "clean")
3. Rushing out to ride
4. Gets lost when time to go home
5. Gets thumbs up and 2 fingers down

After 2 months of city riding, I hit the interstate today for a 200 mile round trip.

NOTICED:
1. Not enough cushion in my "seat" to ride the Suzuki saddle for more than an hour
2. A sport windshield would be good and a front fairing would be great. (Still loving what I got)
3. Bugs hitting neck @ 80 mph sting for a split second
4. Road kill(ed) don't move
5. 1 tank of gas sufficed for the whole trip
6. Bike seemed to float at 100 mph...on Cloud 9...Brought it back down
7. I could talk forever about the 9
Nice and I just got back riding 30 miles to fill up after putting the new tank on, and ANOTHER waxing. LOL Man does it shine and pulled in to get gas 2 different people came over to look and talk, coming back through main street here and folks in the restaurants all snapped their heads to see what that loud shiny glowing thing was coming down the street, I think Suzuki created a new fad for sure. I sure like my 9.... Glad you like yours.

And I dont get too many folks thinking I'm a hardley. They say. WTH is dat??? Blows them away.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

:congrats: and enjoy your new found torque.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
:congrats:&:welcome:. You can get all the info for your Beast here on this site.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
263 Posts
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new wheels bro. Ive rode sport bikes all of my life untill I bought the 9 and I am as comfortable as sitting on my couch on long rides with the stock seat. Ive riden 12 hours with little to no ass pain. If the seat does bother you, you could try a gel seat which does get uncomfortable on hot days, your best bet though would be to contact baldylatino and inquire about one of his seats.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice move bro.
Try taking it to the gym and park it in front of the window. Get on a treadmill or a stepmill and watch all the guys that walk by, young and older, stop and admire the beast. Pretty funny cause in the gym they act all hard core and when they see the beast they have the look that little kids have when they see a hot car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts