30 something and decided I wanted a bike. Knew NOTHING about bikes. Shopped around a couple months before deciding on brand new Kawasaki ZZR 600. Sold 2 1/2 years later because I couldn't handle riding in the "fetal position". 2 years pass and I was itching to ride again. But wanted a cruiser this time. Yamaha Raider, M90, M109, and Harley's V-Rod Muscle and Rocker C were instant front runners. Raider looked at its best if it was modded and chromed out, Harley's were too pricey for the offering, M90 was too short for 6' of me. Joined this forum to get feedback on NEW vs USED . Helpful info. Then test road a 9 and was SOLD. I'm grateful.
Found brand new '09, 2 hours down the road. Bike + temporary riding tags + tie down straps for trailer + cramp buster (for the anticipated long rides) + full tank of gas = LESS than $10k out the door. I'm smiling.
1. Mistaken for a hardley
2. Washing... (the Beast seems allergic to "clean")
3. Rushing out to ride
4. Gets lost when time to go home
5. Gets thumbs up and 2 fingers down
After 2 months of city riding, I hit the interstate today for a 200 mile round trip.
1. Not enough cushion in my "seat" to ride the Suzuki saddle for more than an hour
2. A sport windshield would be good and a front fairing would be great. (Still loving what I got)
3. Bugs hitting neck @ 80 mph sting for a split second
4. Road kill(ed) don't move
5. 1 tank of gas sufficed for the whole trip
6. Bike seemed to float at 100 mph...on Cloud 9...Brought it back down
7. I could talk forever about the 9