M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a little something going on before heading to Sturgis next week ;)

(nevermind the messy garage, please 8) )

J

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol - yeah... pay $12k for a bike then the dealer asks "oh, did you want body pieces with that?  That's going to be $xx more!"... what do you think this is, a HD???  :D

But yeah, getting some color before heading out next week.  Unfortunatley it's not what I initially wanted - I was lined up to get a nice midnight blue with ghost flames and a couple ghosted custom graphics... but when I called the paint shop the day before dropping everything off (after having made arrangments more than a month ago) I'm told 'oh, we fell behind and need to push your paint back a week'.  WTF?  Doesn't do anything for me since I simply had to have it done for Stugis.

So.... even though I'm not getting exactly what I want, I still going to have new color by way of vtxoak's current paint scheme.  I'm picking up his parts and should have them for install by next Thu night, giving me Friday to put everything on before riding up on Sat.  (Right vtxoak? ;) )  I really dig the paint - I just wish it was my original custom paint...  :(

J

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
M109R Fan said:
can't wait to see the finished product
My guess would be look at the pics VTX-Oak has of his bike with that color scheme on it since it will be the same one sent to JCopley.

That bike is gonna look sweet. I was drooling over that paint scheme since it was so good and at such a good price. Hate I couldn't afford it right now.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
M109R Fan said:
What's the price?
I guess it's a moot point now, since jcopley bought it, but he was listing it on Ebay for something like $1200. He was looking to sell it for like $1500 so I'm not sure what it actually sold for. Apparently it had a lot of work in it since he originally did it for himself. Sounded like a great deal for $12 or $1300.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Medic1210 said:
I guess it's a moot point now, since jcopley bought it, but he was listing it on Ebay for something like $1200. He was looking to sell it for like $1500 so I'm not sure what it actually sold for. Apparently it had a lot of work in it since he originally did it for himself. Sounded like a great deal for $12 or $1300.
Well that one is gone but 2 more will be coming one for me and one for..... I am removing the tank seams this time and open for ideas on the other set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts