M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lasty year had about 12k bikes. Anyone comming out? I will be there if the weather is decent..

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Sorry, no can do. We have bad weather here, snow on the ground and the pass is terrible. Unless you think it will warm up to the 70's and dry out by then?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Yes,,,,,,,,,,,,, weather permitting, I am getting cabin fever BAD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
More info in the link,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Olympia Toy Run 2010
Saturday, December 4
10:00 am - Gate Opens
11:00 am to 12:30 pm - Performers
1:00 pm - Ride leaves from South Sound Center in Lacey
Admission is a new toy or $10/single or $15/couple
MORE INFO
TOY DROP SITES

Olympia Toy Run Overview The Olympia Toy Run brings motorcyclists together for a very worthy purpose: the joy of a child receiving a gift at Christmas. All the toys and money are donated to The Salvation Army for distribution to needy kids through its Toy n' Joy Shop. Strapped to bikes four abreast in row after row are lots and lots of brand new children's toys. Gleaming bikes sport different names and badges and colors and their riders range from all-season diehards to weekend enthusiasts. For this day, we are one sister/brotherhood of riders thinking of the smiles our toys will bring to kids' faces.
The roaring thrum of thousands of motorcycle engines fills the crisp December air. But this is not a day just for motorcyclists as tens of thousands of spectators line the parade route, excitedly waving, calling and whistling to the riders. Both directions of the street are closed to all but motorcyclists, yet drivers on side streets honk and wave. Though riders come from all over to participate in this event, it's a day to be proud of Olympia, the fellowship that brings us together and the goal we accomplish. It's thrilling, breathtaking, moving...and downright fun.
We hope you'll join us in helping bring smiles to children's faces at Christmas. In the meantime, we wish you safe and happy motoring!

http://www.olytoyrun.com/

Here's the added info...............

Olympia Toy Run 2010
Day/Date:
Saturday, December 4, 2010

Time:
10:00 am - Gate Opens
11:00 am - Performers
1:00 pm - Ride Begins

Admission:
New Unwrapped Toy -OR-
$10/single or $15/couple

Ride Departs:
South Sound Center
711 Sleater-Kinney Road SE, Lacey, WA
(Exit 108 on the south side of I-5)

Ride Arrives:
Marathon Park
Deschutes Parkway, Olympia

Ride Route:

• North (left turn from shopping center) on Sleater-Kinney Road SE
  • East (left turn) on Martin Way
  • South (left turn) on Capitol Way (driving on left-hand side!)
  • Right turn into 5th Avenue
  • Slide left turn into Deschutes Parkway (please park where directed)

Route Map:
Click on map below for full-size version.

Notes:

• All motorcycle riders are welcome.
  • This ride benefits needy children and promotes camaraderie among motorcycle organizations in the community. Please refrain from promoting other activities, events and organizations.
  • Motorcycle riders must conform to state laws regarding street riding (especially in regard to licensing, motorcycles and helmets).
  • The kids really appreciate your participation. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
924 Posts
My doc gave me the ok to walk around a little with a post op boot. I am a might as far as attending. My bike is on loan with Gman, who is doing product testing on it down at renton motor sports so not sure if I will have a ride or not. I will post again when it gets closer.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
My doc gave me the ok to walk around a little with a post op boot. I am a might as far as attending. My bike is on loan with Gman, who is doing product testing on it down at renton motor sports so not sure if I will have a ride or not. I will post again when it gets closer.
Sounds like surgery went well... And you getting some gman goodies :LOL

·
Registered
924 Posts
Surgery was good- Doc sentenced me to 1 extra week of couch time cause I ripped my incision open. But that is in the past. Ya Gary asked to use my bike for testing his goodies.... we will see how the dyno goes I might just have him leave them on!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Surgery was good- Doc sentenced me to 1 extra week of couch time cause I ripped my incision open. But that is in the past. Ya Gary asked to use my bike for testing his goodies.... we will see how the dyno goes I might just have him leave them on!
You KNOW I'm going to give it back to you detuned so I can beat you in the 1/4 mile, then make some excuse to reset it so you can beat everyone else!!!!!!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Besides, it gets hooked up to the dyno on Tuesday or wednesday depending on availability. The winter blast last week stopped all motorcycle transporting so it sat, but kept dry!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
924 Posts
You KNOW I'm going to give it back to you detuned so I can beat you in the 1/4 mile, then make some excuse to reset it so you can beat everyone else!!!!!!!:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
:eek: umm---:pray: please dont! lol.... Dont feel rushed, I might not be able to go, all depends on the foot.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Looks like it is going to be an OK day for this toy run,,,,,,,,,,,,sweeeeeeet

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks like it is going to be an OK day for this toy run,,,,,,,,,,,,sweeeeeeet
Sure does.
30 degrees to start and will tet to a balmy 39.
I am in!!!!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Sure does.
30 degrees to start and will tet to a balmy 39.
I am in!!!!
sweet Gary, I just put my new backrest/luggage rack on, Just heading out to get a toy, and will strap it on the back all the way down to OLY LOL

looks like i will need to leave here about 7:30 am, The friggin sun isn't even up LOL

Your trip is 2 hours 8 minutes / 111.26 miles(view

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I'm ready LOL

Couldn't find a 109 toy. Hopefully this will inspire some young soul to rideeeeeeeeeeeee :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is a good bar and grill called pints and quarts. Thats where a few of my buddies are meeting for breakfast. I will be there around 8:30. They are located at the intersection or college street and lacey boulevard. Its about 2 miles from south sound mall. Good eats and god bloody marys!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
There is a good bar and grill called pints and quarts. Thats where a few of my buddies are meeting for breakfast. I will be there around 8:30. They are located at the intersection or college street and lacey boulevard. Its about 2 miles from south sound mall. Good eats and god bloody marys!
I would have to leave at 6 to get there. LOL nice dark cool drive that early???? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa what a whiner LOL

·
Registered
415 Posts
u takin the R or the C?
Looks like I am FORCED to take the C as I hear someone can't handle 'rest and relaxation' or 'obeying doctors orders' and I hate to see a grown man cry!!!! ;->

Let me know when you will be heading this way to grab your M! LOLOLOLOL

·
Registered
415 Posts
sweet Gary, I just put my new backrest/luggage rack on, Just heading out to get a toy, and will strap it on the back all the way down to OLY LOL

looks like i will need to leave here about 7:30 am, The friggin sun isn't even up LOL

Your trip is 2 hours 8 minutes / 111.26 miles(view
I'll be leaving here by 9am, gonna drop by my church to pick up a handful of riders and head on down. The Suzuki Owners Club will be gathering there as well. Gonna be a lot of bikes because there is no rain in sight.....even with it getting to a balmy 41 degrees by the time we are heading back. Just don't be caught after dark as ice could form on your handlebars!!!!:p

1 - 20 of 62 Posts