M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday I put on my new Metzler tires. 130 on the front and 260 on the back. Put 300 miles on them yesterday and like them very much so far. Sense I replaced them my self, what do I do with the old tires? Would the garbage man take them to the landfill?:dontknow:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Here in TX is illegal to put tires in the Dumpster.It cost 2.50 a tire at the landfill.I usually take them to a tire dealer and pay the 2.50 and he will get rid of them.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey Cobra, did you do the whole job yourself? I just ordered new tires on line and would very much like to tackle the job myself. Is there anything special that I should know about removing the rear wheel. I have the service manual and access to the tools I think I will need. I just don't want to start a job that I can't finish.

I have what I like to call reasonable mechanical skills (If there are accurate directions on how to do it I'm OK) I already ordered my Dyna Beads so I'm just waiting for the tires. BTW how long did it take you?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
You can drop them off at most stores that change tires. They charge $2.50 here to take them. Some cut them up and put them in garbage bags, but I don't think that's legal in a lot of places, not just Texas.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Down here the stores charge $4.50 per tire. The City will collect them for free.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the information. Didn't know what to do with them. I'll take them to a tire shop. It is better to pay a little to have them taken care of right than it is to get a big fine. Thanks again.

Slapshot51, it wasn't that hard to take off the wheels. If you have a manual, just follow the steps. I bought a Cycle Hill tire changer and it was a great way to take tires off and put new ones on. I took my time and it probably took about an hour to an hour and a half per wheel. Like I said I took my time. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts