M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read a thread on another subject. There was a comment about a VTX 1800 being his "old bike". HOLLY SH!!##, that is to new of a bike to be "old". I still have a '93 Intruder that is fresh and healthy (allthough it's for sale now because of the 109), so ride em' till they die! The thing is, it's hard to break modern metric bikes (but we try). :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
890 Posts
I've got a (old) 96 Intruder 800 that is going to become a project...and then I'll ride it till it dies...or try :bigthumbsup:

Gotta love it

Devilish

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had an 86 Suzuki RG500 Gamma Two Stroke GP Bike. Paid like 3K back then...

I sold it to a friend of mine, in 92. He is selling the thing fully stock right now for like $15k :realmad:

If only we kept all are toys over the years... We would all need 10 car garages... :p

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've still got my Dad's '72 honda cb750k2 and it runs great, just needs new chain and sprockets. I still have the original warranty card and owner's manual from the Honda dealership in Reno! Got an offer on it from a guy who was driving by the house but turned him down, it has too much sentimental value.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've still got my 1984 Honda V-65 Sabre. When I bought the bike it had around 23,000 miles on it and to date I have about 57,000 miles on her. The bike still runs great but with any 20+ year old motorcycle she has her quirks. I have also decided to let her go since buying the 109(just can't find enough time to ride her for some reason :D)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
chadrob30 said:
Here's my "old" bike, lol. '79 Kawasaki KZ1000 MKII.

Nice looking bike! Low miles. My 1400 Intruder has 42K on her. :bigthumbsup: :hot:

·
Registered
664 Posts
chadrob30 said:

Hey, I rode one of those! :)... in the same color, just in about 1000X worse condition (was in college.. had no money) no fairing either... but it got me around pretty well :)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
my old bike was a 81 yamaha midnight special 1100 loved the bike rode the bike sold the bike got what i paid for the bike :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
73' Z1 900 Kawasaki. Not original but was in excellant shape.....until my ex stepson took it out for a ride. brought it home smoking real bad and said it wasn't running real good! kickstarter said there was not much resistance. ran a quick compression check, 1,2,4 at 150 psi....#3 at "0". it has been parked until a plan of action can take place.

G

·
cbxer55 said:
I have a very highly modified 1981 Honda CBX. Air-cooled inline 6 cylinder.
6-into-6 exhaust, oversize oil cooler, corbin seat, telefix low clip-ons, raask rear-sets,
fairing and saddlebags removed.
The CBX has always been one of my favorites. Is there a way you could post some pics? Thanks.

G

·
Great! Let me know what I can do to help. I have even posted pics for others on the board and can do the same for you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Still have may 1st "sport Bike" 1987 FJ 1200...Great bike. I will get tuned up one of these days and put it back on the street. :p

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
FOURNINES said:

still have it...almost 50k.....took the carbs off to clean em.....then seen the m109....I'll get back to it when it starts rainen
YeeHaa! Thats my bike on the cover of that magazine!! It was & still is a cruise missle. The V4's were pretty cool. Just think what kind of power they could restle out of them now!!! I still have my black Madura too, just cant seem to part with it!!!!! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
70 Posts
ive got a 1983 honda cb=125s with 3000 original miles on it and its in mint condition and purrs like a kitten,, :bigthumbsup: id post a pic but i cant figure out how to :dontknow:

·
Registered
108 Posts
chadrob30 said:

I had the 75 z1 900 kaw, but it looked a little different than yours,only because the owner before me had done alot of mod work to it,tank had a naked chick with a lightning bolt she was holding onto,forks were 4" over,had a stepped seat,something that at the time was not seen much,two turn out pipes,or two into two exhaust, ape style handlebars,and 15" rear tire,on a laced rim,the bike went very good compared to the 72 h-2 kaw two stroke i traded in for,the 750 was very quick,but had no top end,the 900 would run 138 on the dreameter,and if i remember corectly my z-1 only had a speedo that went up to 140 mph,i see that the kz 1000 of yours shows 160?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Chuck said:
YeeHaa! Thats my bike on the cover of that magazine!! It was & still is a cruise missle. The V4's were pretty cool. Just think what kind of power they could restle out of them now!!! I still have my black Madura too, just cant seem to part with it!!!!! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
I have a black 85 also...Only 23k. I'll NEVER sell it, it's just too good of a bike aside from the small fuel tank. Besides, it's the quickest/fastest bike I own now that the Vmax is gone.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Here's a pic. of what I started my racing career on. Bike in pic. isn't my old one,it looked much worse,and was stripped down for racing. I ran it on TT tracks,right hand shift was great for going fast and turning left.

G

·
cbxer55 said:
I am at work now, until 1630 central time.
Cant do it form here.
Have a ride after work.
Maybe late tonight after returning from the ride.
I really need to learn how to post pictures.
It is one of the few things I have not done yet.

Robert Hill
Midwest City, OK.
Well, where are the pics?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts