M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be picking up my 109 later today.... what do I need to know before I sign on the dotted line..... quick!!!!!!!

Big Joe / Lamont / ANYONE - - - let's go, help a guy out!!!!! :eek:

For those of you who don't know me.... I'm GnA from the VTXOA board (but please don't hold that against me ::) ). I reside in Colorado... but try to ride everywhere I can!!!

It would be an honor to ride with you somewhere down the road!!!!

Let's go..... :D

·
Registered
326 Posts
Ask the guy who preped your bike (no, not the dealer or sales guy) about how to "check" the oil level. If he doesn't say run it for 15 min then let it sit for 3 be afraid, be very afraid.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Welcome and enjoy it! Don't worry there are a lot of his here from vtxoa and many are still riding both bikes. Great group over here and I am sure you will enjoy it, except for the occasional troll. :welcome:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NYRIDER said:
Give the bike a good look. Look for the coolent level, oil level, tire pressure, and look for any scratches's.
Got it on the fluid levels.... what tire pressures am I looking for????

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Bring a helmet with alot of room to smile.... and $$ for gas! you will not want to stop!
Tell your wife you will be home late too :D

Sledzep

G

·
Sweet, VTX and a 109!!!! nice!!! Where are you picking it up? I live in Highlands Ranch if you want to go for a ride in the FREEZING COLD!!! bad thing is I'm leaving Colorado on Wed. if you pick up the bike today and want to take a quick ride pm me and I'll give you my contact information.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
firecat said:
Sweet, VTX and a 109!!!! nice!!! Where are you picking it up? I live in Highlands Ranch if you want to go for a ride in the FREEZING COLD!!! bad thing is I'm leaving Colorado on Wed. if you pick up the bike close and want to take a quick ride pm me and I'll give you my contact information.
Leaving Colorado ---> moving???? Or, just for a trip???? I'm picking it up at COPowersports on 104th.... don't know when yet. I live in Thornton (for now.... trying to move toward Bailey). G

G

·
Cool I always go there, I'm moving ::) I'll need to put my bike back together but if you want to hit the canon off wadsworth for a short ride let me know.

·
Registered
664 Posts
firecat said:
Cool I always go there, I'm moving ::) I'll need to put my bike back together but if you want to hit the canon off wadsworth for a short ride let me know.
But your gonna have to take it easy or you will loose him quickly... we've all seen your lean :eek: :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
firecat said:
Cool I always go there, I'm moving ::) I'll need to put my bike back together but if you want to hit the canon off wadsworth for a short ride let me know.
Thanks for the offer... but I'm gonna have to pass for today. Even though I don't know you, I'm pretty free with who I'll let ride my bikes (those who have similar ones). So, if you ever get back this way.... even for a short visit, and need a bike to ride.... just give me a shout!

Good luck with the move... where are you heading to????

G

·
LOL I think you mis-understood me I wanted to know if you would like to ride with me (I'll be on my own bike, trust me you don't want me to ride your bike.) through the canon? I'll be moving to washington.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
firecat said:
LOL I think you mis-understood me I wanted to know if you would like to ride with me (I'll be on my own bike, trust me you don't want me to ride your bike.) through the canon? I'll be moving to washington.
No - I didn't miss understand. I was just saying that I can't ride today.... but, if you ever come back for a visit, you can use one of mine. I'm not worried about pegs scraping.... I do that once in a while myself. Bike are meant to ride... and ride hard!!!!! You sound like someone who I would have enjoyed riding with!!!!! :bigthumbsup:

What's the canon????

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
G said:
Got it on the fluid levels.... what tire pressures am I looking for????
Front 36, Rear 42 according to the manual, but I personally run the front a bit closer the 38 as some of my buddies here have had "dishing" issues running this same tire at 36 psi.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Leaving for the dealer now..... let's see what I come back with!!!! :dontknow:

Thanks for the tips!!!!! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts