I wanna see!

:nopic:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gsxr150 said:
I think my 240 is the coolest thing in the world. Why go bigger already?Â
That 240 will look great till you park next to a M109R with a 280.

·
Registered
752 Posts
lawdog said:
I think that one is "overcompensating" for lackage in other areas ;) if you need a tire that big.
A lot of people say that about our 240s

The 240 is just for looks. Anything above a 190 is pretty much loosing functionality anyway. So if you go from 190 to 240 for looks then you might as well go 190 to 280 for looks.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
lawdog said:
I think that one is "overcompensating" for lackage in other areas ;) if you need a tire that big.
I guess we could compare if you like but I'm pretty sure I'm just an average guy, no short comings that I've heard about anyway. :redfaced:

VINNIE1209 said:
DO YOU HAVE TO DO ANY MODS TO FIT THE 280 ON THE BACK ::)
The kit comes with everything you need to bolt it up. There is no mods to the swingarm. The wheel and hub are the only thing that changes besides the tire.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=711.0

·
Registered
752 Posts
Lamonster said:
I guess we could compare if you like but I'm pretty sure I'm just an average guy, no short comings that I've heard about anyway. :redfaced:

Be careful on the comparisons Lamont. Remember this guy has a rubber hose.

G

·
I like the look of the 280 on the 109. But right now my pocket book wont stretch that far, so it is going to have to wait until late this winter.

oldfart

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I would love to have this kit....

if it was not 2300.00

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
L-Train said:
A lot of people say that about our 240s

then you might as well go 190 to 280 for looks.
Yeah, but I find it hard to justify shelling out over $2000 just for looks. The 240 didn't cost me any extra. And yes, I know it is added in to the cost of the bike, but you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong... I love the 280. Would love to have it sitting out back. I just cant justify the cost. Plus, I know that everybody says that there isn't a difference in handling going from 240 to 280 since it's only 40mm, but I don't see how this is so. With that mentality, it should be no different going from a 280 to a 330 since it's only 50mm difference. Since 330 is the same as 280 which is the same as 240, then riding the 330 should be like riding the 240, right? I don't think so.

·
Registered
936 Posts
You know I'm not real sure, but i think the reason its so expensive is they have too start with a block of billet and cnc the wheel.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
moto said:
You know I'm not real sure, but i think the reason its so expensive is they have too start with a block of billet and cnc the wheel.
Oh, I have no doubt it's expensive to make and is probably worth the money. I just can't personally justify that much money for an upgraded look. Maybe if I was taking a 180 rear up to 280 it might be worth it for the huge upgrade in size, but for 40mm increase.... I can't see it. It sure looks great though, and I would definitely drool all over it if I saw one in person.

·
Registered
936 Posts
not me, if i was gonna spend the money I'd go with a 300, that rim will probably sport a 300 i mean after all come on man.I have a 260 and really it looks nice enough and i can still light it up. with a 260 you can tell the difference.(in the twisties) Yesterday riding on those country roads(national forest,beautiful country)my brother has a 2006 knight rod with a 180 rear tire and going through the curves he could take'm faster than i could, and I'm taking them at 65 and 75. sometimes it was a little harry. that bike was built with that in mind, that would be the sport in the cruiser.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts