M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK you guy's(Owner's) You've about got me out buying cutting boards, PVC pipe, baleing wire, and what ever else I need to McGuyver up something cool on the 9 I don't even have yet. I've been on this site for months reading everything I can about the bike and decided, a long time ago, that this is the bike for me! Not to mention that I burnt the rear tire on a test ride with the wife on the back(rolling about 10MPH). It's kiling me not to have one in the garage yet. Still waiting for the official decision of job status as the company I work for has turned my department over to another business and my eliminate my position. Wouldn't be the smartest move to buy the bike to find out I don't have a job. This BS has been going on since May, told the wife I'd have one by June! Uuurrrgghhh! Anyway....to my question.

Anyone else on the site or lurkers anxious as I am to get one. Just looking? Just beyond the grasp? Or am I the only Marauder intruding on hallowed 109 ground?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Anyone else on the site or lurkers anxious as I am to get one. Just looking? Just beyond the grasp? Or am I the only Marauder intruding on hallowed 109 ground?
You are not alone bro I'm waiting on my limited to come in Mar 07 but I'm learning all I can until then this site is awesome. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Well ... I turn the BIG 50 in late January and after much discussion + a little begging, my wife has given me the go ahead at that time to buy something (although she's very concerned with the danger). Joined this site way back in April and have read everything I can regarding this beautiful bike. Don't believe there is a cruiser out there that offers as much performance at the price of the 109.

Haven't owned a bike since the early 90s, but the itch is certainly back as strong as ever.

·
Registered
34 Posts
put a temporary deposit on a red...no price negotiated yet. i have to trade in my lime green 05 ZX10R kawi 1000 ninja. buddy is a lifelong friend of the suzuki dealership owner so im waitin for him to get free time to go down.

if its a good deal ill trade in as long as my credit union can still do zero down 4 percent interest on five years.

well see....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Took me about a week of looking and when I seen this bike I knew
that's what I wanted. Just got to wait for the house to sell to buy it.
Don't care the color because it's getting it's own custom job.
Love the board here!

·
Registered
411 Posts
backinthesaddle said:
Well ... I turn the BIG 50 in late January and after much discussion + a little begging, my wife has given me the go ahead at that time to buy something (although she's very concerned with the danger). Joined this site way back in April and have read everything I can regarding this beautiful bike. Don't believe there is a cruiser out there that offers as much performance at the price of the 109.

Haven't owned a bike since the early 90s, but the itch is certainly back as strong as ever.

I turned the BIG 50 in Feb. I had already seen the M109 in the Internet but the dealer didn´t get them in over here (Germany) untill the end of March. The wife knew I was drooling over this bike just from looking at the pictures, she has always said the only difference between me and the kids are the price of the toys Needless to say I have had mine now for quite awhile and you guys will have yours soon so hang in there, all good things comes to those who wait :bigthumbsup: The big smile seems to be a permanent fixture on your face afterwards

·
Registered
22 Posts
Still working on the wife, but she is warming up to the idea :p This must be a trend of turning 50 as I just turned 49 a couple of weeks ago. I will have a bike by the big 50 though.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Oh Snap! I got mine right after my 50th :eek: guess what guys...thas aint your daddys cruzer ! :doorag: :hot: I know what you guys are going through...hurry...hurry...the feaver only gets WORSE!!!! :D

Devilish

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Your not alone...getting back into bikes after 12yr absence ( yah I know..why so long ?) and did not want a crotch rocket anymore...I thought all cruiser just looked like a variation of each other until I saw the 109!! Now I am back in the game and will be buying one in the spring...I thought hard bout the white till I saw the limited one...and then realized...my initials BTL....really mean Buy The Limited :eek: wierd eh.

·
Registered
629 Posts
::) Your not alone. I will be hanging on this site for some time to come before I 'll be able to buy mine. However it is going to happen. Some day. :confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Guess I can be considered a wanna-bee too....but I don't want one. I know, leave it to a woman to be confusing. I have an M50 that is the perfect size for my little self and I love it. I can lay it in the turns and it's great. Wish I had a bigger motor....and the 109 rear end, but the 109 doesn't lay in the turns for me without me trying hard to get it too. So I just ride with a friend that has a 109 and get to watch it move down the road.... :bigthumbsup: :p

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also have an M50. Just not nearly powerful enough. I've been a member here since May 21st and have been to this site at least once a day since. I'm the classic lurker. I love reading and learning. I've been here since Fritz and saw Mania get booted from here (about time too). I'll have a 109 one day. Just built a brand new house though so it may take a while.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Yahoo! Moved to the next step closer to my bike....now have the monies in place to purchase her in the spring!!I am sooooooooooooo excited. :p

·
Registered
411 Posts
wildwolf said:
I ride a 1999 Suzuki VS800 Intruder.

...should have a 109 in about 2 years.
Wildwolf,
I wish I would have kept my 800 for the little lady All these years she said she didn´t want to ride herself and she didn´t ride with me all that often when I had the VS800 but since I have the beast she has ridden at least 1/2 of the kilometers that I have on it on the back :eek: Now all of a sudden she wants to start riding herself :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Oh...I'm not getting rid of the VS800....it's too fun to ride.

Currently looking for one for the wife to replace her 250 with, though. Found one in Miami....but don't want to attempt a 13 hour ride on an unknown bike...well, and we have to sell hers first. Wife's too scared to drop mine and ruin the purdy paint job.

She's a really fair weather rider though. She may have one or two more rides...until it's 70 degrees constantly again, lol. So, we're in no hurry to sell...or buy her next one.

Getting her next one in 2007...and we'll likely get my 109R in 2008...maybe 2009.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here's a little fresh meat for the Savages...
Wanted a bike for YEARS, but the practical moment never did arrive. Kids are long gone (we're 45 and Grandparents of 3 already) so cash has been piling up... not sure what started it, but Wifie rolled for me pretty easy. Needless to say, when I caught my first look at one while bike shopping with a bud who's got a VTX, the 109 was definitely made for my exact demographic. Money down on red one arriving in spring.
Funny (to me) story, last bike I rode was dirtbike as a teen... showed up to put $ down and guy says "we can have one for you in 2 days". The intent was to pay for it in spring (part of conditions laid out by fun cop... aka wifie) but he said "no prob... for 100 bucks, no payments for 7 mos!" The gears were whirling... had intended on doing the bike course, insurance, registration etc... logistics of it all were pretty tight, but WHAT a concept! (moving up posession by 6 mos). Then a bit of sense kicked in... bike courses finished for the year (way up north here), insurance was triple without license, and of course trying to get the bike off the lot without crashing would have been the most interesting challenge. Hah hah, had images of getting on the thing and falling over in the showroom, or crashing through a window!
Aaanyway, have been reading, will be anxious, bike course in spring, gear up in the meantime, Wifie looking forward to a few cruises (Sturgis, Daytona, Vancouver, where ever) so windsheild and decent saddles first in line. Enjoy the details I'm getting from this site in the meantime... and I guess "doooon't make this your first bike" be damned!
Bein' cool (barely)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am one of those wanna be owners. I just bought a new house so it might be a few years so I guess Ill just have to ride my dads :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts