M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently ride a 2004 Volusia Limited Edition and I'm doing my best to talk my wife into letting me pull the trigger on a Silver M109R so help me out and give me your opinions so far.

How's the power?

How's the ride?

How is the comfort on the bike on long rides?

I NEED ONE OF THESE!

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
bstjohn said:
I currently ride a 2004 Volusia Limited Edition and I'm doing my best to talk my wife into letting me pull the trigger on a Silver M109R so help me out and give me your opinions so far.

How's the power?

How's the ride?

The power is great. Plenty for a sport cruiser. I find she likes to purr around 80 to 90 mph. :cop:

The ride is a little stiff but I haven't made any adjustments yet so the jury is still out on that. ::)

For me the bars are all wrong, after 140 miles or so I was getting pain in my shoulders. I think new bars or risers would help that. The seat is not bad and the pegs and controls are perfect for me. ;D

Not sure if this bike is going to be a good two up bike to be honest with you but maybe one of the other guys here will say different.

G

·
I agree with the ride being alittle stif,,but not bad...The bars fit me great [email protected] miles already,,only rode twice so far but leaving out today for another.. ;)Have to say,,I'm 5.10 and the bike fits like a glove....No numb butt what so ever....Love the seat and positioning...Power?Way to much....and way to much fun....Had a 03 vtx 1800 and this thing feels like it would just gobble it up and spit it out...I'm gonna take a stab and guess a 11.second 1/4 mile (11.70's) @108....Well after telling them(dealer) NOT TO OVERFILL THE OIL ....They did anyway and had to return ,....And the front rim and tire was on backwards....They flopped that around yeasterday and told me the 600 service is on them...All and all ,,the handlings no different than my ol 04 marauder 1600,,,Back brake kinda lame ,,not much stopping power there but enough with the front and downshifting...Also a little hesitation on a quicker than normal throttle stab...coming from a idle(a little knock or backfire sometimes...).....well thats about all I can find wrong at this time...But I have to say Still!I'm glad I didnt wait a year.....Even though I knew there be a few bugs...I cant go anywhere on it without being asked 2 dozen questions..... ;D   

·
Registered
3 Posts
8) So far I have 1700 miles on mine an have just been able to open it up to redline on the track. Don't know if 11 sec is accurate as it seemed that I was way passed the 120 mark before that. Word of caution though, I goosed mine really hard off the line and the front end came way off the ground. Luckily it landed fairly soft. Bike does not seem to have any problems pegging the speedo passed the 150 mph mark. Don't know how fast 7400 rpm is though, as the speedo is pegged passed 150 mph before that. Know that Suzuki has accessories planned, but haven't been able to get any more info. Braking is not bad, especially for a big cruiser. Power sliding through turns is a little tricky, but do-able. Have already changed the back tire as I wanted to use the first tire as a test dummy on the track. Bike is wicked fast. Rode GXSR-1000 for a couple of years before getting this bike. Although this bike doesn't get up to speed as quickly, was more than worth the wait. Hope you are having as much fun with yours......ride safe and ride often......

lineape

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hi to all . Got  my silver m109r April 7th and only got to put 90 miles on it due to weather in Delaware. But what I feel  so far is it has real good power and handling . Sold a TL100R for it and i think this bike is faster then the TL . Also it gets looks at every stop light. Also last July i purchased a Suzuki C50 and have not had any problems with it Suzuki makes good bikes. And the new m109r proves that they are getting better.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
bstjohn said:

How's the power?

How's the ride?

I NEED ONE OF THESE!
Well for me the power is great only got about 1500 miles on it but they have been fun

i like the ride of it might be a little stiff but other than that not too bad well i have long arms and i like the handle bars but i think when they change the riser they made it better i am still thinking of getting more forward controls put on it due to i would like to have my legs stretch out just a bit more.

well i don't know about the rest but this is one of the best put together cruiser in a long time i have rode a passenager on the bike for a few miles and she really like the back seat and yes i would have to agree the bike does like about 80 and above once you get it there and open it up a bit more it just goes with 2 people or one. but over all i would recommend this bike to almost anyone as long as they take the time to get to know the bike.

i have done 500 miles on the bike in a weekend and about 200 plus in a day and i have no complaints

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love the power & smooth ride, have not played with the suspension at all! The foot pegs are perfect for me ! The bars ..I need to rotate them or change them.. something the angle or ??? makes my carpet tunnel act up as my 9 yr old would say!!!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
lineape said:
8) So far I have 1700 miles on mine an have just been able to open it up to redline on the track. Don't know if 11 sec is accurate as it seemed that I was way passed the 120 mark before that. Word of caution though, I goosed mine really hard off the line and the front end came way off the ground. Luckily it landed fairly soft. Bike does not seem to have any problems pegging the speedo passed the 150 mph mark. Don't know how fast 7400 rpm is though, as the speedo is pegged passed 150 mph before that. Know that Suzuki has accessories planned, but haven't been able to get any more info. Braking is not bad, especially for a big cruiser. Power sliding through turns is a little tricky, but do-able. Have already changed the back tire as I wanted to use the first tire as a test dummy on the track. Bike is wicked fast. Rode GXSR-1000 for a couple of years before getting this bike. Although this bike doesn't get up to speed as quickly, was more than worth the wait. Hope you are having as much fun with yours......ride safe and ride often......

lineape
How did you get past the speed limiter

·
Registered
209 Posts
My opinion is with one rider suspension is a little stiff. But with two ridders it seems to ride much better. I have a hard time feeling much of a difference in how the bike handles with a passenger which I like. Good power, pretty agile for having a 240 rear tire, good price, good brakes.

G

·
I have had mine for a little over a month and have 1200 miles on it. I would have more but the weather has been bad. The power and torque are great. She comes off the line like a fighter off of an aircraft carrier. Like mentioned before the ride is a little stiff, no adjustments made yet. I am looking for a set of good forward controls, a nice kit so I can lower the rear fender and drop the saddle about two inches, maybe more. I feel this bike is by far the best buy in the country for cruisers.

Reed

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was all set to buy a VTX1800 which I had researched on all the options and accessories for over a year. My sales rep was looking for a N series 3 for me and as soon as the M109 came in he called me. I left work early took it for a quick test ride and signed all the papers as soon as I got back to the dealership. Mines black and one of the first ones sold in central Texas. One look and ride and that planning for over a year out the window but who cares I have a bike that wakes me in the morning begging to be ridden. It's a lot lighter than the VTX and already has a fat tire so that saved me $$. When I get home I ride it even if it's just around the block. My wife also enjoys the ride so two up isn't a problem. The only thing is is that this bike loves to speed at 70 to 80 MPH I have to watch it all the time as I don't want to get to know the local cops in that way. Rode into work and every time I took someone down to look over the bike there were three people already looking at it. I'm already planning a 300 tire and a blower. Paint will have to wait until the other mods are finished.

·
Registered
41 Posts
better than any HD I've ridden, I think the bike is a little jumpy on the bottom but has good power.
with a little dyno time I should fix a that problem.....
the ride is stiff but then again I haven't made any changes yet.. very fun to ride! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've had my Black 109 for a little over a month, I've got 2600 miles on her and I love it.
Plenty of power and good handling, I don't feel qualified to comment on comfort because
this is my first cruiser my last bike was a ZX12R and before that a Yam. R1 neither of these
are all that comfortable on long trips so compared to them the 109 is very comfortable. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts