M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
sick bro. i need to do that intake mod. let me know how the stock bike does l-train.

:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I will have it tested before the night is out. I might alter my left side. If you notice his are a little off because the intake is further back. So I am going to play around with it and see what I cah do to even them out.

I will tell you though.

I just put them together (didn't hard mount them yet) and they look much better in real life than on the pics.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I see the cones are not sitting at the same angle, is this intentional... Or unavoidable?
Looks a little odd from the front.....

·
Registered
752 Posts
The port into the airbox is way back on the left. That seems to be why his are crooked. I am working on a work around.

·
Registered
752 Posts
The air intake on the left sits back about 6 inches further than the one on the right and the brackets are different for attachment, also their is a coolant hose in the way on the left.

This is why we get charge over $200 a side for a proffesional job gentlemen.

I will figure a solution.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He is right the other side is a little further back you can buy a extention but i don't think its worth the trouble plus the stability of the air filter will not be as good. As far as the cooling line its not to much in the way. all fits without touching it...Remember the angle you bend the tab at ...that mounts to the cylinder is going to determine the snug fit of the pipe over the rubber intake runner. Also don't forget to line the inside of that clamp so it has a nice tight grip on the elbow! :hot: :clap2: :hot:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I am going to try the extension and also try to drill a small hole through the elbow so I can attach it via a bolt on the inside of the elbow through the bracket.

Off to the store.

We will see if it works.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Nice,
When are ya gonna spray it?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts