M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK so now I want to get a 109 Jacket. In leather.

I currently wear a Joe Rocket Ladies HeartBreaker http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/648482/Joe-Rocket-Heartbreaker-2.0-Ladies-Textile-Jacket
and I had to buy a Large cuz of umm my girls wouldn't fit into a medium and allow me to zip up. That jacket is geared more to the Sport Bike ride. Don't get me wrong I love the Jacket for protection and for the look, but it doesn't work with the 109 so much.

I also have a Buffalo leather jacket that again is in man's cut. They don't make anything for the ladies it seems. It fits alright but baggy where I don't want it to be.

It would be cool to find a nice leather 109 Jacket that I don't have to be built like a man to fit me.

Ladies....where are we here?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would find a jacket that fits the way you like it to and then do a 109 patch.I have never seen a ladies 109 jacket.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I would find a jacket that fits the way you like it to and then do a 109 patch.I have never seen a ladies 109 jacket.
:agree: The 2 versions are slightly cut different. The 08, which is nicer imo, isn't cut well for a woman. The shoulders are funny and the length of sleeve as well. It really suits a man. Definitely spend good money on a good leather and have firefighter do a nice patch for you and have it sewn on.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts

I currently wear a Joe Rocket Ladies HeartBreaker http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/648482/Joe-Rocket-Heartbreaker-2.0-Ladies-Textile-Jacket
and I had to buy a Large cuz of umm my girls wouldn't fit into a medium and allow me to zip up. That jacket is geared more to the Sport Bike ride. Don't get me wrong I love the Jacket for protection and for the look, but it doesn't work with the 109 so much.

I also have a Buffalo leather jacket that again is in man's cut. They don't make anything for the ladies it seems. It fits alright but baggy where I don't want it to be.

It would be cool to find a nice leather 109 Jacket that I don't have to be built like a man to fit me.

My sweet girlie BullriderRider has the same problem/gift. Her girls get sqwushed in her Joe Rocket.She has been asking for something better. Thanks for bringing this up! It looks like a custom fit is the only way.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would do as Wiles suggested, find yourself a jacket that you like that fits you and get a 109 patch on it. The 109 jackets just aren't built for chicks.

I wear the Joe Rocket Trixie jacket and pants, while the arms are precurved for sport bike riding, I've got the jacket nice and broke in and love it. Its very flattering, but its all a matter of preference.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would do as Wiles suggested, find yourself a jacket that you like that fits you and get a 109 patch on it. The 109 jackets just aren't built for chicks.

I wear the Joe Rocket Trixie jacket and pants, while the arms are precurved for sport bike riding, I've got the jacket nice and broke in and love it. Its very flattering, but its all a matter of preference.
Do we have patches here on the site I can buy? I have a leather jacket that is an OK fit now and I never knew about the patch thing.

I was thinking more a 109 specific jacket but hey it sounds like you all have seen what I was already thinking was gonna happen. Not enough attention given to the ever growing lady riders needing to get gear.

Hmmmmmm....business idea growing here.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TY Wiles. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts

I hear ya, Sista! My last 2 summer/mesh jackets were men's cuts, and fit me terribly! I finally found a nice woman's jacket that's made to fit my curves and it feels great! Unfortunately, I've not yet found a leather that fits the same way. I have a heavy winter jacket that's the equivalent of the men's Kilimanjaro jacket, but because of my height, I had to spend another $100 to have it altered to fit me better. Having long arms and legs, and a long torso, the off-the-rack jackets just aren't cut long enough to fit me comfortably. I had the sleeves lengthened, and a few other adjustments, but where it 'gathers' at what is supposed to be the waistline, it hits me about 2" above my waist and annoys the crap out of me because it rides up even further when I sit on the bike, and ends up almost right underneath the 'girls', which is really uncomfortable. :redfaced:

So, I'm still looking for a good leather jacket for cold-weather riding. I'll let you know if I find anything; and please do the same if you find one! ;):bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I hear ya, Sista! My last 2 summer/mesh jackets were men's cuts, and fit me terribly! I finally found a nice woman's jacket that's made to fit my curves and it feels great! Unfortunately, I've not yet found a leather that fits the same way. I have a heavy winter jacket that's the equivalent of the men's Kilimanjaro jacket, but because of my height, I had to spend another $100 to have it altered to fit me better. Having long arms and legs, and a long torso, the off-the-rack jackets just aren't cut long enough to fit me comfortably. I had the sleeves lengthened, and a few other adjustments, but where it 'gathers' at what is supposed to be the waistline, it hits me about 2" above my waist and annoys the crap out of me because it rides up even further when I sit on the bike, and ends up almost right underneath the 'girls', which is really uncomfortable. :redfaced:

So, I'm still looking for a good leather jacket for cold-weather riding. I'll let you know if I find anything; and please do the same if you find one! ;):bigthumbsup:
Cold weather riding to you is 65 degrees :doh:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Cold weather riding to you is 65 degrees :doh:
:crackpipe: LOL, you lie like a rug! If I had a comfortable, warm jacket to wear, you know I'd ride with you in the 40s! But, with the gear I have, I'm not comfortable enough to bother riding under 55 degrees. I feel like the damn Michelin Man with that thick-a$$ jacket and liner underneath it, and it's still not warm enough cuz the air gets through - unlike a well-fitting LEATHER jacket! :doh:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I wear a Joe Rocket Cleo 2.0. and I love it. It has adjustable straps in the back so it gives you a better fit.

Good luck!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

My Leather is River Road and the label says Ladies and Medium, but that is all it is, is a label. It is heavy lined and actually a very good jacket.

It does have lace up sides that I can cinch tight to my torso and my girls can tuck in no problem. And the laces are actually lacing up at my waist and not my ribs. The laces are so the big boys can let it out to get around the big bellies....laff. I went the other direction....pulled them way tight and cut off about 2 feet of lace off either side.

I have longer arms so the jacket works for me.

I'm a size 6 and 5'8" so maybe this will work for you as well as far as a brand that actually has some adjustments we girls can relate with.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
My wife has a few PowerTrip ladies jackets that fit a womans figure very well and are comfortable. She receives many comments from other woman when we're out on the bike. I think she looks great too.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OHHHHH...I likey these.

I will be asking you some questions here soon.

Shall I PM you the interest?

I see you have a sale on that does not include these shown. Correct?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts