M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Used regular oil (break in oil + castrol 10-40) for the first 1777 miles. 32.5 mpg average consistently for those miles. Bought the amsoil 10-40 and the final gear oil and now last 3 tanks have been 35-36 mpg and no change in driving habits. I dunno????

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i agree with the catrol as good break in oil(that or qauker state) and its cheap. but after that go to the semi-synthetic suzuki oil. good stuff, not too expensive, and its motorcycle speciffic. theres also nothing wrong with the oil you are looking at, its a matter of prefference. just make sure it isn't labled energy conserving on the back :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Use either Mobile one MX4T 10-40 or Amsoil 10-40, both are full synthetic. I use the Mobile in my Triumph Rocket and Amsoil in my VTX. I prefer the Amsoil over the Mobile One. Used the Mobile because that is what Triumph recommended but will switch to Amsoil my next change. Amsoil seemed to make my bikes shift smoother and run cooler. I also use Amsoil in both differentials, good stuff. As posted above Honda direct is a good place to get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts