M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to start using synthetic oil for my bike what grade and brand u guys recomend?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Use the search feature and you will find there has been lots if discussion on that topic. Everyone has their favorite! I tend to follow the manufacturers recommendations.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm a big fan of Motul double ester synthetic

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
what makes you want to change to syn?, i started with the Yamalube non syn, then they put synthetic and it was a real boetch to find the gears neutral especially . so i went back to yamalube and it's all good now:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what makes you want to change to syn?, i started with the Yamalube non syn, then they put synthetic and it was a real boetch to find the gears neutral especially . so i went back to yamalube and it's all good now:bigthumbsup:
Isnt synthetic better oil?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
948 Posts
I use Repsol ... expensive... but it makes the bike run and shift smoother. The difference was immediately noticeable.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Mobil 1 15/50 Synthetic with a touch of Lucas Synthetic. If you read up on it you will see it has zinc. Zinc is a good thing for these bikes. Shifts real nice.

Wal-Mart 5 qt container $ 21 and change, Just a little over $5 a qt. And $7 and change for the oil filter.

Give it time on the trans. When I got up over 35,000 it started shifting like a dream.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts