M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone local have a new oil seal for the bearing in the rear rim? Suzuki Brampton does not have any and won't be able to get it until late next week. I was hoping to ride this weekend as I just ripped up my old one taking it off to swap it into the new rim.....

Any leads or if someone has one in their stable.......:redfaced:

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Anyone local have a new oil seal for the bearing in the rear rim? Suzuki Brampton does not have any and won't be able to get it until late next week. I was hoping to ride this weekend as I just ripped up my old one taking it off to swap it into the new rim.....

Any leads or if someone has one in their stable.......:redfaced:
Why did you have to remove your oil seal to swap? I would have thought that the new rim would have had one. I think that once they are removed, they are basically trash.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 9 rim I bought was used and the seal was gone. I tried to remove mine but of course I trashed it.

I called around today and finally found a seal supplier in oakville and they hooked me up with one no charge, so my 90 is now sportin' a 240 rear:bigthumbsup:

I think I like the way it rides better than the 200. Sure it doesn't turn in as quick, but I kinda like the way it handles a little better. Also, I think the increase in rim size is better suited to the gearing on the bike. All in all it was worth it..

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Post some pics! we want to see the finished job.:bigthumbsup:

What did suzuki want for the new seal?? might be helpful to post the oakville seal supplier's info for other guys like myself! I have the wheels off from time to time, as well, and would be nice to know this info.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suzuki wanted 9 bucks for it, but the problem was it would not arrive until late next week, and I wanted to ride this long weekend.

The seal supplier I got it from is http://www.daemar.com/

They said they don't normally deal with the public, but if you buy a minimum of $35 they will. I was going to buy 35 bucks worth of oil seals just to get one, then the sales guy saw I was desperated and tossed 1 over the counter and said "try this sample". I smiled and thanked him. Good guys.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's done! Not the best pictures but I managed to snap a couple with the blackberry. Definately worth the effort and cost in my opinion. Now I need to lower it and do a similar tail set up to yours tibiboy1. I like the clean look your ride has

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.