M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, i've had my 9 for a couple years, heavily modified and i know about the over filling mistake of the oil.

But! What would be the reason for the oil puking out the left side when its been fine all summer long and suddenly it starts. Its been happening for the past couple weeks. Took the left side out, cleaned things up and before you knew it, when for a ride, she's spewing oil from the left side. What the hell is happening now? I find it very strange that it just starts puking oil after riding all summer with no problems.

Any ideas?

PEACE & RIDE SAFE

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
same reason it would any other time, it's over filled. Sometimes it takes weeks for it to show up. Sometimes you have to run at high revs for awhile and then it'll start

·
Registered
434 Posts
PUCKING

How old is the oil, I think they also start pucking after a while because the consistency of oil changes as it gets older. :eek:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The oil was replaced back in april sometime and its been runing just fine until recently. Can't understand why its suddenly doing it now.

PEACE & RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
same reason it would any other time, it's over filled. Sometimes it takes weeks for it to show up. Sometimes you have to run at high revs for awhile and then it'll start
The oil change was done early in the season, around April. Been running fine for 5 months then suddenly, puking.

PEACE & RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
have no answer for you as to why but I add a catch can problem solved do a search and see what I mean

·
Registered
927 Posts
Did you ride it hard for an extended amount of time?....I know the times mine did it...was on my trip to flagstaff...riding 85-95 from Oklahoma city to Amarillo TX....I also had it happen this summer while riding with some guys on sport bikes pushing the same type speeds and faster for about an hour...otherwise it never does it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts