M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, after reading all of your posts about the dreaded dealer and the overfilled oil tank I have a question. I have been riding mine hard today and after a 100 mile ride up the freeway I had the whole left side coated with oil :cus: :swear: :realmad: :edit:(at least I know why my leg was feeling rather warm). It has been fine before that, and there is still the same amount of antifreeze in the tank, and I'm getting about 30 miles to the gallon Freeway/town driving. How can I gain almost a half a quart of oil in the tank without filling it? :eek:I checked it this morning and it's right where it needs to be. Does anybody have a scematic of the engine so I can see what the inside looks like so I can at least visualize where the oil is going after it sits? On a side note I think after putting 350 mile on it I'll be needing some more foot pegs, mine are wearing down a bit in the corners. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rings not being seated thing worries me a bit. hopefully she won't be hurt too bad. I'll put a few more peg grinding miles on her before I become a thorn in the side of the dealer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I usually check it after about fifteen minutes of riding. It has not donethis before and I just came back from a one hour ride. So far so good. Now on a side noe where do I buy those sliders on the foot pegs? Mine are almost gone at 357miles!! :a18:

G

·
To properly dheck the oil you need to warm the bike up for at least 15 minutes. Turn the bike off and let it set for 3 to 5 minutes be for checking. I recomend leveling the bike off of the kick stand after shutdown and before checking oil. Suzuki was notified about this on going problem today. I am hoping they will rectify the problem for us.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have been fine for 715 miles....rode into work yesterday and had oil on the left side not alot but a dime size drop on a rag and spray down the side....cleaned it up and was good all the way home...32 mile trip one way! I dont know :confused: going down to the dealer on my next off day

·
Registered
30 Posts
Had the oil prob drained all the oil out and put in 3.4 qts..2 qts less than the manual says for oil with no filter.drove 65 miles to dealer for minor stuff and adjustments.he checked oil and said it was still over full (i checked after oil change 15/5 min just touching the marked section of the stick)maybe we wont have to open up alaska for oil exploration the bike must be makin it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm taking it back to the dealer when the new air filter comes in. They were going to try to stick me with the air filter but I told them I'll call Suzuki corp. and tell them exactly what and who said it. The tune changed quickly. At least it will be documented. I tried to take them out but after 400 miles of riding they are almost gone. Guessit's off to Home Depot I go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts