M109 Rider Forums banner

What kind of oil will you run in your M109R?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just guessing that at least 50% of you will be running one of the first two options. Just wanted to run a quick poll to check it out.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OhioM109R said:
What? Mobile1 not good enough for your list??
No, that's not it at all. I ran Mobil 1 in my last bike, but decided to switch to Amsoil this time. I run Rotella T in my GFs bike ('95 Honda Shadow 1100). Of the other bikers I know, at least half are running either Ansoil or Rotella and I wanted to see if the proportion was the same here. So I guess Mobil 1 would count as "other". :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Castor Oil has come out with a new V-Twin syn Oil in both 10W-40 and 20w-50. I'm using the 20-50 for now an dwill let you all know what I find out.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Austin109 said:
Castor Oil has come out with a new V-Twin syn Oil in both 10W-40 and 20w-50. I'm using the 20-50 for now an dwill let you all know what I find out.
My mom used to make me take Castor oil. I had no idea you could use that in an engine. ;)

·
Registered
171 Posts
I need to buy some of this synthetic stuff to take to the dealer for my 500 mile service next week. Don't know anything about synthetic, other than most of you say it is great and will reduce that loud clunking sound of shifting.

What is the best place to buy it? I am sure if the dealer sells it is marked way up.

Can I use synth in more than just the engine oil?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Macpilot said:
I need to buy some of this synthetic stuff to take to the dealer for my 500 mile service next week. Don't know anything about synthetic, other than most of you say it is great and will reduce that loud clunking sound of shifting.

What is the best place to buy it? I am sure if the dealer sells it is marked way up.

Can I use synth in more than just the engine oil?
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=637.0
Oil Doc can hook you up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts