M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guess what they got me too with the overfilling of oil change - i drained out the oil and replaced very carefully and now i have the right amount - BUT - i still get oil leaking out of the breather on the left side - so i took it off and apart - there is some kind of cloth filter inside and it is soaked in oil - i cleaned out all the oil residue inside as much as i could - and replaced - and i am still seeing oil leaking - not as much but any oil leaking should not be - what do i need to do next - i am tempted to take back to dealer who did this and [knowing me] it would get real ugly quick - heck u might see it on the evening news ... :mad: :mad: :mad: :cop: :cop:

but any suggestions out there are very welcome.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I don't understand why there is so much trouble with oil overfill. Follow the fluid section in your owners manual and put that much in it. That simple and no problem. Later if you want to see if it's using any oil let it run 15 min. and then cut off for 3 min. and sit on it and check. Mine has always been full when I do this and I put what Suzuki calls for and not any more. Seems simple to me. ;)

G

·
gymrat1261 said:
well guess what they got me too with the overfilling of oil change - i drained out the oil and replaced very carefully and now i have the right amount - BUT - i still get oil leaking out of the breather on the left side - so i took it off and apart - there is some kind of cloth filter inside and it is soaked in oil - i cleaned out all the oil residue inside as much as i could - and replaced - and i am still seeing oil leaking - not as much but any oil leaking should not be - what do i need to do next - i am tempted to take back to dealer who did this and [knowing me] it would get real ugly quick - heck u might see it on the evening news ... :mad: :mad: :mad: :cop: :cop:

but any suggestions out there are very welcome.
I made the jackasses drive to my town and load up the bike and fix it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey i told the guy at the dealer to be careful of the oil - that there were issues with overfilling - and he assured me that they would handle it right -
so i guess i need to make them give me a new air box filter cause as i see it there is no way to clean it

G

·
gymrat1261 said:
hey i told the guy at the dealer to be careful of the oil - that there were issues with overfilling - and he assured me that they would handle it right -
so i guess i need to make them give me a new air box filter cause as i see it there is no way to clean it
dont think twice about it, I would ride up there and make them do it personally else they need to front you a quart of oil and the air filter (oil in case you remove too much, etc. etc) I was so mad when I was ready to take a picture of my new bike and noticed oil gushing out of her all over the road

·
Registered
135 Posts
Make them replace the filter. It is not supposed to swim in oil. I believe it is a rather expensive filter, somewhere near $40.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts