M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I checked the oil on day 1 and I thought it was ok. Now I have oil leaking from my left aircleaner. Took it off and the filter is saturated with oil. Is this due to the bike being overfilled. I know there is a "vent" hose that empties into the airbox but this is a whole lot of oil. Suggestions, diagnoses, help.....I'll take any.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Overfill, well documented. Get it back to your dealer and tell him to make his mistake right.
Be sure he removes the air cleaner and cleans it all out... and replacees the actual cleaner if needed

Sledzep

·
Registered
849 Posts
It was overfilled. Take it back to your dealer for cleaning the filter area and proper refilling. Tell them to read their service bulletins and give their techs training, and /or supervision.
Sorry they screwd yours up.
Jer

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I happened to have the cell number for the salesman that sold it to me so I called him today. He said to bring it to him Monday. I said "BS, how about you come get it with a trailer". Someone is coming tomm. morning to get it. I also printed off some threads from here in hopes that they will get the messege and maybe throw something in for my trouble. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hate to hear that. make sure that they document it on your ticket. Shop asked my buddy, "Why did you add Oil to it?" His was leaking out the breather too. Get it fixed and enjoy....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Dealer told me that when they set up the bike that they had improperly installed [i think they called it] the crankcase breather line. Had a kink in it. They rerouted it properly and have had no problems.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Overfilling the 109 is very easy to do. Since it has 2 oil sumps after a change you must either carefully measure the oil you put in or run the engine I believe 15 mins as the manual states to get an acurate reading. Checking it cold isnt the way to go with this bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
your hose wasny connected to the airbox throwing oil into the breather the clamp for that hose isnt tight at all take it off tighten it then connect it to the air box once clean dont leave this up to the stealer there asswholes two oilchanges and alot of complaints when i went to check my radiator hose i found mine wasnt connected and my airbox with puddles of oil inside!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, it seems this is a pretty common problem, but unfortunately I didn't know about it until it happened. I bought my bike w/ 107 miles and had ridden it a handful of times. It would spit a little oil out the left side when parked; I'd grumble a little, wipe it off and go about my business. Then last week around 550 miles I rode it to work and when I parked it, the oil really started to flow. After work, I headed to the dealership and everytime I slowed below 10mph it poured out!! Even after parking it at the dealership, it continued to pour, leaving a puddle 1x3 feet! I contacted a Memphis & Jackson, TN dealership by phone, but service managers had nothig to offer other than I just hadn't checked the oil level properly. Out of necessity left it with the Jackson dealership and haven't gotten it back or an answer in 4-5 days. After looking at the other thread (thanks Lamonster), I'll definitely make sure they clean out the air cleaner.

Any suggestions for how to get these dealerships "informed"? Think I'll call Suzuki customer service and have them contact my dealership (lol!!!)

Any suggestions on switching to synthetics?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts