M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the left side covers off the bike last night to fix the infamous coolant leak and noticed a small amount of oil inside the cover that goes over the drive shaft area. When I pulled back on the rubber boot that covers the area where the shaft comes out of the transmission and goes into the swing arm about a tablespoon of oil leaked out. Is this normal? since there are no clamps around this rubber boot I assume it is just to keep dust and road grime out it certainly is not tight enough to hold back oil.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know this post is old, but this just happened to my 2007.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Jay109, Did you have this repaired, and what did they do?

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
May not be right But the Secondary gears Have a O-Ring around the end that goes in and you May Have a Broke The O-Ring it don't take much to Pull the secondary off and Check it :bigthumbsup:

Or Your Secondary May Be Loose :eek: Those 4 bolts should Be torqued to 19.0 lb ft you May Check to see if the Bolts are Loose First! If tight then Pull it off and check the O-Ring :bigthumbsup: Later Silentrider

Mine Was Not that Tight!But Not Leaking,I only took off the Secondary to get the 10" Wheel On ::)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts