M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
109 Riders, I have oil in my air intake cover on the left side. I notes a dime size spot of oil on the floor, I swiped under the air intake cover and it was wet with oil. I took the cover off and it had oil inside of it.... I need help on this one...:dontknow:

·
Registered
365 Posts
just search for "oil puke" and you will find more than you really wanted ;)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Pull the breather tube,

Put a breather filter on the crank case,

plug the breather tube spot on the air box,

and no more puke.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
766 Posts
109 Riders, I have oil in my air intake cover on the left side. I notes a dime size spot of oil on the floor, I swiped under the air intake cover and it was wet with oil. I took the cover off and it had oil inside of it.... I need help on this one...:dontknow:
Dude,
Don't freak out, just search it here. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
I have nothing else to add but :congrats: and :welcome: to the forum.

Check out the two links in my signature and hope to see you in June.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Ya know, if he typed in "Oil in my intake cover" in the search engine he wouldn't find what he was looking for. Try it...
Telling him to use the search feature isn't much help when he doesn't know what to search for.

Boogs109, Hink, and Rynosback's suggestions are helpful, but I really wish we would stop telling people to just search instead of at least pointing them in some sort of direction. It's not very friendly or welcoming.

Guys that have been around for ever know what to search for. Newbies don't. What you type in that search field makes all the difference. Typing "Oil Puke" will get you where you want to go. Typing "Oil in my intake cover" will get you no where. That might be something I would type as a newbie if I hadn't already read about a million posts on oil puking.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Pull the breather tube,

Put a breather filter on the crank case,

plug the breather tube spot on the air box,

and no more puke.

:bigthumbsup:
:agree: very common problem and there are a few diferant mods to help olevate the problem!! Ya I know i suck at spelling!!:joke:

·
Registered
61 Posts
:agree: very common problem and there are a few diferant mods to help olevate the problem!! Ya I know i suck at spelling!!:joke:
Not only that, but i've never seen anyone use the exclaimation point as much as you JR. I had to say it:D. I believe that's why i thought you were being abrasive a while ago about the front tire rotation thread. It's seems like you're either yelling at everyone or maybe you're just really excited.

But yes Silk, lots of knowledge on here and a breather mod should correct it.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Not only that, but i've never seen anyone use the exclaimation point as much as you JR. I had to say it:D. I believe that's why i thought you were being abrasive a while ago about the front tire rotation thread. It's seems like you're either yelling at everyone or maybe you're just really excited.

But yes Silk, lots of knowledge on here and a breather mod should correct it.
LMAO ya i probly do that way to much sorry :dontknow::joke: it is all good:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
LMAO ya i probly do that way to much sorry :dontknow::joke: it is all good:bigthumbsup:
Its no big thing Jr. I know your feeling. It happens with me. I'm not much on spelling and they take it the wrong way. I find it hard to get what i have in my head in sentence. So i tend to try not to say much.

As far as the oil puke, and this is what people don't like to hear. RINGS. Thats all i'm going to say. All thats happening here is band aids to fix a problem thats still there and not fixed. Its all about the way people think a bike should be broke in. And how long it takes. I've said to much already. If i say to much more people will take offense by it.

Jr. If you down load a spell check to your browser, you can pick up on most of your spelling.

Good luck on the forum.

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts