M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I do a search, "oil filters" and get this Basically no help :dontknow:

So what brand filters is everyone using?

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
K&N here. Believe me for a couple of bucks more for the K&N's no need for srewdrivers and or strap wrench to remove or install the damn thing. I used OEM at first and bit the bullet for the couple of extra bucks and now looking back should of just did it from the beginning and saved my self the headache for using anything else.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You guys have a p/n for the K&N and where are you buying them from? Local or on line. How much are they costing?

Thanks

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
I use the OE filters. I think i pay like $7 a filter for them on line. When ever I order anything online I pick up a few more as it does not really change the shipping cost.

·
Registered
459 Posts
K&N KN-138 amazon has them for $12.59 and free shipping. Buy 3 get a $5 discount. Ordered 3 today and total cost was $32.77 shipped to door. Comes out to $10.92 each. Easy on and off with wrench, no need to remove any body parts.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
K&N KN-138 amazon has them for $12.59 and free shipping. Buy 3 get a $5 discount. Ordered 3 today and total cost was $32.77 shipped to door. Comes out to $10.92 each. Easy on and off with wrench, no need to remove any body parts.
Tim can you post a link. I looked on there today and didn't see a deal like that.
Thanks

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
735 Posts
K&N is where its at

So I do a search, "oil filters" and get this Basically no help :dontknow:

So what brand filters is everyone using?
Just a straight 17mm boxend wrench is all you need to take off the old K&N and put on the new one. strap wrenches get oily and slip and get you saying words that would make a truck driver blush and using one of the cap wrenches is useless cause you can't get a ratchet or breaker bar up in there and boy do I like my motorcycle hoist it is just the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a straight 17mm boxend wrench is all you need to take off the old K&N and put on the new one. strap wrenches get oily and slip and get you saying words that would make a truck driver blush and using one of the cap wrenches is useless cause you can't get a ratchet or breaker bar up in there and boy do I like my motorcycle hoist it is just the best of both worlds.
Thanks, I'm an auto tech by trade so getting the filters on and off won't be an issue. Most of the time I just use my hands.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I went with the K&N simply for the fact that there's the handy little nut on it for easy on/off. I had one hell of a time getting the OEM filter off. Couldn't get my filter wrenches in there, so I ended making a mess and stabbing the :edit: with a screwdriver.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts