M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what filter the M109R takes? other then the K&N? owners book doesnt say and im not going to take it off the bike to see which one it is if i cant get one locally....I know the K&N # but anyone know the STP? or Fram #? it looks like the same filter as the LC1500 is it?? help!!!

G

·
I think the LC takes the same filter but I know for certain the Intruder VS800 and VS1400 (Boulevard S50 & S83) take the same filter.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
albny1200 said:
does anyone know what filter the M109R takes? other then the K&N? owners book doesnt say and im not going to take it off the bike to see which one it is if i cant get one locally....I know the K&N # but anyone know the STP? or Fram #? it looks like the same filter as the LC1500 is it?? help!!!
The correct K&N is listed on the Dierct Line Parts .com sight. They have both the black and chrome versions.

·
Registered
817 Posts
gradona said:
I think the LC takes the same filter but I know for certain the Intruder VS800 and VS1400 (Boulevard S50 & S83) take the same filter.
It is the same filter. All Suzuki street bikes take the same filter, even the Hayabusas.

There is one other style of Suzuki filter that fits the smaller bikes like the GX250 and the Savage.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Wanted.... you are so right on the Fram filter on there construction, paper that doesn't filter well, cardboard and glue. AND, They do come apart... I know, 56 different people will say " I've been running Fram Filter for 150 years and never had a problem" What about the one's that have had to buy engines and maybe never knew it was a filter problem because the filter came apart internally and allowed dirty, unfiltered oil to circulate.

Some friends and I have cut apart a lot of filters through the years. I'd only use Fram in an extreme emergency.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Why does everyone shy away from using the factory filter???? Because they're a few bucks more than a Fram/K&N/NAPA Gold etc. etc. It seems to me that the motorcycle manufacturer has a vested interest in assuring the bike is provided with the best filter possible, as they are, of course, the ones providing the warranty. I think I'm going to keep it simple and buy a few Zuki filters and have them on hand. Had a 1800VTX/C and bought the Honda filters and never had any regrets doing so.

·
Registered
817 Posts
bob109 said:
Why does everyone shy away from using the factory filter???? Because they're a few bucks more than a Fram/K&N/NAPA Gold etc. etc. It seems to me that the motorcycle manufacturer has a vested interest in assuring the bike is provided with the best filter possible, as they are, of course, the ones providing the warranty. I think I'm going to keep it simple and buy a few Zuki filters and have them on hand. Had a 1800VTX/C and bought the Honda filters and never had any regrets doing so.
That's what I'm using. The Suzuki filter is actually pretty good.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Their was a dude on another fanatic about filters,and he cut several in half to disect them,and believe it or not Wally World super tech was just as good as a 14 dollar Bosch filter.I used them with no problem.I like wix,and that is what Drag boys use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts