M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size oil filter remover does it take to work on the stock filter?  I saw some at wally world the other day but did'nt know for sure if they would work. This was the kind that looked like a cap with a hole in the end for a ratchet.

thanks
Khrome

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
that will not work. not enough room for the ratchet without removing rad. gaurd. if you want to use a cap style wrench, try the suzuki, the hex protrudes so you can use a boxend wrench.

G

·
I bought my filter wrench from the dealer. I found you can change oil without taking off the radiator guard. Just position the fillter wrench on the oil filter and then insert the socket into the fitting. Worked for me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
When I did my 3k mile oil change , I used small car oil filter wrench and cut the handle down so that it would clear the ground. My replacement oil filter has a 17mm nut on the end.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The size is 65/67MM filter end wrench. I bought one at Wally world and welded a 9/16 bolt head on the end of it . Cost about 1/2 the Suzuki price.

G

·
red1951man said:
The size is 65/67MM filter end wrench. I bought one at Wally world and welded a 9/16 bolt head on the end of it . Cost about 1/2 the Suzuki price. Â
Half the price of the Suzuki tool if you happen to do your own welding. The Suzuki part works fine. Put the filter socket on the filter then work your ratchet into the socket. You only need the tool to loosen the filter. Once that's done taking it off and tightening the new one can be done by hand.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
69 Posts
Here's a cheap solution. I took an adjustable band type wrench and cut the handle in half. Now it clears the floor and makes changing the filter a snap. Good luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Don't Buy the Toyota Wrench linked above, BIG MISTAKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, does not fit the Suzuki filter, and the wrench is 65MM. Wasted the money for wrench and $9.00 shipping.

That link should be removed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :verymad:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
hayabusa575 said:
Here's a cheap solution. I took an adjustable band type wrench and cut the handle in half. Now it clears the floor and makes changing the filter a snap. Good luck
Why not roll the bike up onto two pieces of 2x10! You'll have plenty of room and won't have to cut the wrench handle thereby getting maximun leverage when you use the wrench :bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts