M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new 109 owner. I`m about ready to do my first 600mile service. The owners manual states for oil filter tightning, take the filter down until the gasket touches, then 2 full turns. Is this correct? I`ve never did a filter change on anything that requies 2 full turns. Also on this subject, I`m interested in recommendations of oil type to use. I currently use honda hp4 blend for my goldwing, and wonder if that is not also a good choice for this bike. Thanks for advice in advance!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
target said:
new 109 owner. I`m about ready to do my first 600mile service. The owners manual states for oil filter tightning, take the filter down until the gasket touches, then 2 full turns. Is this correct? I`ve never did a filter change on anything that requies 2 full turns. Also on this subject, I`m interested in recommendations of oil type to use. I currently use honda hp4 blend for my goldwing, and wonder if that is not also a good choice for this bike. Thanks for advice in advance!
The two full turns is correct for the stock Suzuki Filter due to it's gasket design which is "rounded". If you were to use a Fram, Wix etc. with the flat gasket design you would tighten the normal 3/4 turn after gasket contact. Regarding oil....If you have had success and no mechanical problems with a oil you have previously used stick with it! As long as the oil seal logo doesn't say "Energy Conserving" you should have peace of mind knowing you're using a good oil!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts