M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to head on up to Cypress this weekend, and help a newbie change his oil? I only have 50 miles on her right now (hopefully double that after tonight's ride) and would like to do an oil change way before that 600 mile mark, to get rid of the nasty metal shavings that I am sure are floating around in her right now...

Beer and Pizza on me... would love to have FUN getting to know you others here in Houston, talk about the bikes, and just relax :)

I'm still new to riding, but up for trying a group ride in this area... just can't go to fast.... still learning as I go...

Man, I can't wait for a few months and many miles to go by, so I won't be a newbie anymore!

·
Registered
898 Posts
dammit wish i was closer i would be up for that i have 601 on mine right now just went and bought oil and filter yesterday...

have fun :bigthumbsup:

khrome

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, anyone want to try and make this for next weekend, as obviously, the rain today totally wiped out any plans of this happening...

It was raining HARD earlier... what a downpour!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hey BB I wouldn't mind rollin out for the party but I think a large number of 9's will be in hibernation for the upcoming week due to the weather. Besides I am going to let the dealer get my first service. 8)-Z

·
Registered
195 Posts
If I don't change mine before next weekend I can do it on Sunday the 9th. Just got oil and filters yesterday. keep us posted if that will work. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ELECTRICZ28 said:
Hey BB I wouldn't mind rollin out for the party but I think a large number of 9's will be in hibernation for the upcoming week due to the weather. Besides I am going to let the dealer get my first service. 8)-Z
Yeah, this weather is making me mad, as I so wanted to ride a TON this weekend...

Oh well, gotta give the bike a break... been riding her hard lately...

I guess at least I've not been putting her up wet ;) LOL

:)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hoping to see ya get the training wheels off that beast so we can get you out to some of the rides.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Beer and Pizza on me... would love to have FUN getting to know you others here in Houston, talk about the bikes, and just relax :)
do you have all the tools we will need at your place or will we have to bring some???

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ELECTRICZ28 said:
Hoping to see ya get the training wheels off that beast so we can get you out to some of the rides.
Well, I've gotten her up to 70 now on the back roads... getting more and more confident with my riding... so I think I might be up for going somewhere pretty close to my house... I know that connradd lives fairly close by...

Give me a few more days... I've not even put 100 miles on her, and riding her like an expert ;)

:)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
George C said:
do you have all the tools we will need at your place or will we have to bring some???
I don't have any tools... but would be glad to ride my truck over to whomever has tools they would not mind us using, and pick them up and let them follow me back to the house, for the party :)

What tools would be good for me to invest in? I would be glad to start purchasing them, as I want to start doing my own after the first dealer service is docuemnted for warranty reasons...

·
Registered
936 Posts
don't be speeding on them backroads, thats were the accidents happen. ride on the feeder or up Thur the woodlands or conroe. stay off the back roads.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Let see tools that you will need just to start with. Lets see.A set of metric ranches, sockets, and allen. A filter strap and a tool for the front tire. This would be a good start to get you going. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
don't forget a metric mesuring cup :bigthumbsup: :joke:
That's a good one!!! And make sure to bring your left handed screw driver too! :a20:

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
George C said:
Let see tools that you will need just to start with. Lets see.A set of metric ranches, sockets, and allen. A filter strap and a tool for the front tire. This would be a good start to get you going. :bigthumbsup:
tool for front tire? i thought he said oil change party.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
moto said:
don't be speeding on them backroads, thats were the accidents happen. ride on the feeder or up Thur the woodlands or conroe. stay off the back roads.
Them backroads are way safer then main lanes...

On way home tonight from some riding, was turning from 249 onto Greens, which turns into Grant and leads me home...

At light, girl next to me yapping away on a cell phone, looks over, checks out the bike, guess the loudness bothers her as she is trying to talk...

Light turns green, I start turning left... she decides to turn left and attempt to run me over, guess she doesn't like how loud the bike is...

So I swerve left to avoid her, slide on some gravel, realize that I'm about to go down, and lower her down gently...

Scratched my left turn signal and left side of my headlight assembly, bent the shift lever (which I just bent right back into place) and that is all the damage I can see right now....

Picked the heavy bike up, rode home... and pissed off that she sees what she did to me, and does she even BOTHER to stop and make sure I am okay.... NOPE... just hauls butt out of there....

Don't you love it?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ELECTRICZ28 said:
Glad to here your ok :eek:.
I'm fine, pissed off still at her just taking off like that, not even making sure I was okay... but oh well, cagers will be cagers...

I thought I would be scared to ride or what not, after all of this, and it actually made me want to go ride MORE... lol

I took her home to be safe, checked her over, and saw that things seem just fine, but for a few "love marks"...

I'm probably going back out later today when I get all my work done and then go have some FUN ripping up those roads...

I think next mod will be louder pipes, to make SURE they don't forget about me being there anymore... next time I'll just rev it up to make SURE they get away from me...

Cagers... sheez

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BigBen said:
I'm fine, pissed off still at her just taking off like that, not even making sure I was okay... but oh well, cagers will be cagers...

I thought I would be scared to ride or what not, after all of this, and it actually made me want to go ride MORE... lol

I took her home to be safe, checked her over, and saw that things seem just fine, but for a few "love marks"...

I'm probably going back out later today when I get all my work done and then go have some FUN ripping up those roads...

I think next mod will be louder pipes, to make SURE they don't forget about me being there anymore... next time I'll just rev it up to make SURE they get away from me...

Cagers... sheez
Someone brought this thread back up in another post... cracked me up as before this, I didn't ride hardly much at all at a time...

Now if I don't do at least 100 miles on a ride, something is wrong with me, lol

I've done 200 mile rides now... LOL

WOO HOO :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts