M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it hard to change the oil and oil filter and what type of oil should I use and what type of filter should I get?:dontknow:

·
Registered
788 Posts
No its easy. It is just like changing the oil in a car. I use either Wix filters or K&N. Everybody has a different opinion on filters and oil types. I wouldn't recommend running synthetic until you have 4,000 miles on the bike. Use Motorcycle specific oil. I use 20-50 since I live in Texas and it is extremely hot down here in the summers. The hardest part is you have to have to have correct size filter wrench. I do mine with the bike on the side stand and then straighten up the bike and sit on it for a few minutes rocking it back and forth slightly (after it is almost empty) to drain out the oil. Always let the bike run a couple of minutes before you change the oil.

·
Registered
352 Posts
OEM filter and 3.3quarts of 10w-40 boulevard oil, piece of cake.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I just use the suzuki filter ans suzuki synthetic oil... there are 2 drains...if you only use the normal drain (box head) then be sure to rock the bike after the oil stops coming out... there is still more in there... or you can also remove the allen head bolt to help with getting the last of the oil out... mine has taken 3.8 quarts exactly on every change so far.

I know they recomend waiting for synthetic.. but i put mine in at about 2800 miles and been changing it about every 2k.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Also make sure you tip the bike right to left a few times this will prevent an overfill and prevent a puke.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts