M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I consider myself pretty handy around the garage but my local dealership insists the first few services on my M109 (1st at 600 mi and 2nd at 4,500 miles) is a must. I have always changed my own oil and filter and done other maintenances to my vehicles, ATVs and boat. Is my new M109 at a technical level that requires everything to be done at the dealership or are they just trying to rip me off? I was planning on buying the OEM Suzuki oil filter for $9.50 and they said to use the Boulevard V-Twin 10W-40 oil in the bike. Is that the consensus?

·
Registered
849 Posts
It's a rip off! Of course the first services are critical, but any half way talented person can do them. Yep, Boulevard filters work and SAE 10-40 is fine.
Jer

·
Registered
849 Posts
Oh, pick up a Suzy cap wrench for R&R on the filters and check what needs checking, and tighten as necessary. Retorque the exhaust if they've loosened, other critical things, and call it a good day that probably saved you $150.00 or so. I reused washers with no problems.
jer

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had my first service done at dealer. Had to stop yesterday and tighten a panel screw that was missed at assembly and at first service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts