M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
It should install just like the standard shock other than you need to find a place to mount the remote adjuster. Remove the front and rear bolts and replace.

I still kick myself for not buying one when they were selling them on ebay for $499. I had an air ride and didn't care for it, then put the stock shock and lowering bones back on. I think an Ohlins and the lowering bones would make a very nice ride, and you can adjust the damping for the weight.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I will.

I love the Ohlins on my sportbike, I can only imagine how it will smooth out the ride on the big boy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It should install just like the standard shock other than you need to find a place to mount the remote adjuster. Remove the front and rear bolts and replace.

I still kick myself for not buying one when they were selling them on ebay for $499. I had an air ride and didn't care for it, then put the stock shock and lowering bones back on. I think an Ohlins and the lowering bones would make a very nice ride, and you can adjust the damping for the weight.
Thanks kinda what I wondered. How hard it is to get to the shock on these things? Do I have to remove stuff like doing the lowering links?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
Thanks kinda what I wondered. How hard it is to get to the shock on these things? Do I have to remove stuff like doing the lowering links?
It's easier than installing the lowering links because you don't have to remove the links. There's one bolt on the front of the shock that's kind of hard to get to since there's a nut on the opposite side you need to hold, but you can get it. If you have stock exhaust it might make it a little harder because access to the bolt head on the right side would be restricted. The one at the rear where it attaches to the link is wide open on the right but you may need to remove the left side cover and rectifier to get to the left. I don't recall which way the rear bolt pulls out, but if it pulls out to the right you can probably leave the rectifier in place. But if not, it takes 5 minutes to take the cover and rectifier off.

Other than that, you need to drop the skid plate (4 bolts) and put it on a lift.

·
Registered
899 Posts
That is an excellent place for the preload knob! That's not photoshopped? There's enough cable?

What's that to the right of the skull? A self-destruct switch? :D
No, it's not :p

Yes, there is :bigthumbsup:

Nah, missile launch switch for the cagers :doorag:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, it's not :p

Yes, there is :bigthumbsup:

Nah, missile launch switch for the cagers :doorag:
Lemme know on the part number for your shock if my PM did not go through. No catalog show it with either remote preload or compression adjustment.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I got the one without the knob from Traxxion Dynamics. I was a little disappointed in that I thought that it was still oversprung. If you get it installed I would like to know what you thought of the difference. I'm still happy to have it for the price and having the adjustments is great.

This model has ride height adjustment, (you can lower it up to 1 inch), spring preload adjustment, (manual, not hydraulic) and rebound adjustment. Retail is $794.95, my price is $499.95.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The reason that particular Ohlins is relatively inexpensive is because it doesn't have the remote hose-mounted hydraulic spring preload adjuster. You'll want to look for a model 46DRLS, not the 46DRL as in your link.

• D = Internal reservoir
  • R = Adjustable rebound damping
  • L = Adjustable length
  • S = Hose-mounted hydraulic spring preload adjuster
Yep, not sold anymore. Will see about special order. I want to add compression adjustments as well.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Can't understand why the took it out of market, you only adjust rebound damping once, but preload often, when you riding 1-up or 2-up :dontknow:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts