M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. Just bought a 2007 M109R SE (blue/ white) last Wednesday. LOVE this bike. My other bike is a 1983 Harley Wide Glide; shovelhead engine, 4 speed, kickstart (kickstarts are the only real Harleys). I bought the 9 b/c I wanted something I could ride regular, often and far without having to wrench an hour for every hour I ride. No more carrying half my tool collection in saddlebags, no more oil puddles everywhere I park, etc.

Well, got up Thursday to run errands and decided to take the 9 for its first voyage. Rode about 30 minutes to first destination. Got off, went do my business, and when I came out.....guess what the 9 left me. A nice little puddle of oil right by the kickstand. Thankfully, I had read up on the 9 on this forum and the dealer that checked it over for me before I bought it warned me. Did an oil change today per instructions found on the forum and in a Service Manual I found on the forum (thank you'll x2). No more puke. Just too ironic that I get a Zuki to get away from the typical old HD problems and the 9 gives me a signature HD moment. Looking forward to hangin out here.

Did I mention this thing is stupid FAST!!

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Hey everyone. Just bought a 2007 M109R SE (blue/ white) last Wednesday. LOVE this bike. My other bike is a 1983 Harley Wide Glide; shovelhead engine, 4 speed, kickstart (kickstarts are the only real Harleys). I bought the 9 b/c I wanted something I could ride regular, often and far without having to wrench an hour for every hour I ride. No more carrying half my tool collection in saddlebags, no more oil puddles everywhere I park, etc.

Well, got up Thursday to run errands and decided to take the 9 for its first voyage. Rode about 30 minutes to first destination. Got off, went do my business, and when I came out.....guess what the 9 left me. A nice little puddle of oil right by the kickstand. Thankfully, I had read up on the 9 on this forum and the dealer that checked it over for me before I bought it warned me. Did an oil change today per instructions found on the forum and in a Service Manual I found on the forum (thank you'll x2). No more puke. Just too ironic that I get a Zuki to get away from the typical old HD problems and the 9 gives me a signature HD moment. Looking forward to hangin out here.

Did I mention this thing is stupid FAST!!
Better a random Zuke puke than a lifetime of Harley Valdez....:D

·
Registered
948 Posts
Welcome...enjoy!

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
:congrats: On the bike... and your right, they are stupid fast....... which a NY state trooper made clear to me today :D
Glad you could tell us about it, LTT, instead of us reading about your stop in an obituary. "Cop shoots speeder on bike who dared too talk"

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
LOL that's funny, welcome to the 9er's club. They are def a breed of their own!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
:welcome: Theres something about those old harleys that i just cant get over we had a 1980 shovel stored at our house for a friend for a few days and i was doing some work on it and noticed that it had leaked oil all over the freshly painted garage floor i was pissed. Then i took it for a ride and now i want to buy it super loud mid slash pipes and a crazy skinny set of drag style handle bars makes this thing fun to ride however it takes a lot of work to ride it definetly a bar hoop bike not a road bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Yep, the older Harleys just have a sound and feel that will never be duplicated by an Evo or Twinkie. I know the HD guys can be snobs sometimes, but take it from me, they get some serious penis envy when they see a guy jump on a kick arm to fire up his bike. You can see their egos deflate as they realize a payment book does not make you a biker. To hell with that snoberry crap. If you're on 2 wheels you're my kin, period.

The M109R has its own unique character as well. That's what drew me to her. And the 9 riders on this forum seem to prefer to wrench on their bikes themselves, which drew me to you'll.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Seems dealers still can't get the oil levels right. You would think that after a few years, they could get it.:dontknow:

Anyway ... welcome to the site. Your right about many on here doing their own maintenance and modding. Never have before, but with the help here with videos and other medium, I'll jump in and eventually get most things accomplished.:D

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
:congrats: On the bike... and your right, they are stupid fast....... which a NY state trooper made clear to me today :D
HEY so much for that teaser! TELL US THE STORY:dontknow:

And :welcome: there was just to much engine blood in your new BEAST! YET then again you may have parked it to close to your old Harley, and it caught a dose of the CLAP:eek: BUT PUT THAT, CARDBOARD AWAY:eek:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well, i'm not a big speeder but I had to out run a bad thunderstorm yesterday (60 mph winds). When I pulled into the garage the bottom fell out. It is nice to have the power when you need it. Congrats on the new 9, your gonna love it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
welcome from milwaukee wis.

:congrats: And enjoy your new found torque.RIDE SAFE RIDE SMART STAY ALIVE!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
:welcome::congrats: You know you got the fastest color !!

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Well, i'm not a big speeder but I had to out run a bad thunderstorm yesterday (60 mph winds). When I pulled into the garage the bottom fell out. It is nice to have the power when you need it. Congrats on the new 9, your gonna love it. :bigthumbsup:
What you said reminds me of the Chevy ad, from awhile back. They said, IT'S NOT MORE THAN YOU NEED, IT'D JUST MORE THAN YOUR USED TO:eek:

OH and L.L.T! Sounds like one hellofA story! Andre and I have one of those as well, 136 to 140mph down rt#2 in Mass. Which also ended with a hand shake, AND THE COP SAID! QUOTE!!! {YOU WERE LOOKING GOOD}

1 - 20 of 25 Posts