M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor bike! :'( My poor, poor, poor bike! :'( This is a sad time for me! :'(

I am moving from my spacious 2 bedroom, 12,000sq ft duplex with fireplace, balcony, vaulted ceiling, and...garage to a tiny basement with a roommate. The horrible thing about this is that I will not have a garage to keep my precious bike in. :'( So, my bike will be at my parent's place, over 50 miles away. It's tough to think of freedom (sanity) being so far away!

I'm making this move because I am paying $800/mo plus utilities. At the new place, I will be only paying a flat fee of...drumroll please.............$250. That's it! Yup! That's a whole $250/mo and everything else is paid. I already live 5 blocks from work and now I'll be a whole whopping 2 blocks away! I am hoping to pay off my surgery and credit card debt quickly and start a whole new life over, debt free!

How am I going to survive? Oh! The horror!

-Cameron C.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
My poor bike! :'( My poor, poor, poor bike! :'( This is a sad time for me! :'(

I am moving from my spacious 2 bedroom, 12,000sq ft duplex with fireplace, balcony, vaulted ceiling, and...garage to a tiny basement with a roommate. The horrible thing about this is that I will not have a garage to keep my precious bike in. :'( So, my bike will be at my parent's place, over 50 miles away. It's tough to think of freedom (sanity) being so far away!

I'm making this move because I am paying $800/mo plus utilities. At the new place, I will be only paying a flat fee of...drumroll please.............$250. That's it! Yup! That's a whole $250/mo and everything else is paid. I already live 5 blocks from work and now I'll be a whole whopping 2 blocks away! I am hoping to pay off my surgery and credit card debt quickly and start a whole new life over, debt free!

How am I going to survive? Oh! The horror!

-Cameron C.
LOL Hang tough bro. Sounds like you are on the right track for a New beginning, saaaweet.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
do you have a storage facility close by? with the money you're saving in rent it'd be a drop in the bucket:dontknow:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just think out of det. Then all the goodys for the girl witch you will enjoy more when you can get out on her.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Also good reason for your perents to have dinner on the table when you get back from your ride (positives) not negatives.
:dontknow:

·
Registered
947 Posts
I'm such a nice guy, if you want, I'll run by your folks place and take your bike for a ride. I'll tell all the chicks its mine and I'll have them pose naked on it for me :) You gonna keep the scooter at your folk's place as well.

Also, I think you may have added a zero to your former residence's square footage. Either that or your place had over 1/4 acre of living area ;)

Let me know when you're in town again. Not too much more riding for me this year, it's gettin chilly!

Pete

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Think of it as winter storage. Get life back on track and then bring the green beast back home.:bigthumbsup:

or

store it in San Jose CA and I'm sure I can take her out at least once a week, all winter long. :D

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just do a remodel and add a ramp down to the basement and then you could park it in your living room! Then you wouldnt even need a garage or a shop stool.... you could use your couch as the shop stool the coffee table as a work bench and living room as a garage.. and the girls wouldnt have to go into the cold garage to pose on your bike!!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! I cannot wait to get life on track! I am still looking for storage places that would allow a vehicle in them. So far I'm hearing insurance issues are their problem having a gas powered vehicle inside a storage unit. A storage shell would be nice, but there is only room to park my truck and ...um...scooter. My bike used to be stored outside under an overhang when I lived in The Dalles. I'm always visiting my parents, so there are positives having the bike there...but it's sooooo far away! The money savings are worth it, but a sacrifice of leaving my bike to be stored away is like giving it up for adoption!

Hahaha....My bad! Okay, the place is only 1,200sq ft, but feels like a mansion compared to many places I've lived! I'm sure you guys would love to get your hands on my bike and "store/ride" it for me! Pete, if you rode my bike you wouldn't have any issues with the ladies...except your own! LOL She'd kick your A55! If my bike was to be kept in Cali, I'd have to move there....oh the potential! TBud would have some real compitition then! (Evil laugh) :evil:

Hmmm....Bike kept in the basement living room! Tempting! Though, there are special benifits to a cold garage and a hottie posing on the bike!:bigthumbsup:

All I can think of is everytime I go visit my parents...um...bike...
Should I get roses and chocolates for my love...my bike? :dontknow:

·
Registered
423 Posts
If you need to get out of debt, why dont you just sell your motorcycle :eek:............:a20::duck::joke:.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Seriously though, its hard work but there is an end to the tunnel and it feels so great on the other side. I spent 2 years working loads of OT, budgeting myself to $40 a week spending money, and that included gas and cigarettes...ok that was just gas and cigarettes, but it got me by. Paid off CC debt, other loans, and paid parents back. Felt SOOO good. Keep it up man. Good luck.

P.S. Dont sell the bike :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I have a better idea yet Cam, why don't you move in with your parents, then you will be next to your bike all the time! :joke: :joke: :joke:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Todd, I tried talking Cameron into that one so I'd actually have a riding buddy within a 30 mile radius. I just don't think he'd like that hour each way commute to work. Of course if he road the bike, he could probably do it in 40 minutes :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Yah Pete, he keeps telling us he is a die hard biker! I'm sure you are right about 40 min, that is how far I drive to work each day!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First off....this bike will never be for sale! I don't have any major vices that hinder me from saving money like booze or cigarettes, but lately it's been the costs of the first dates I've been going on, taking the ladies out and showing them a good time. Mostly, I want to pay off my surgery and credit card. I'd aslo like to find a vehicle that is reliable enough not to break down every other month.

I'd love to move in with the parents as much as I visit them. I hate long commutes with working 12+ hour days. I refuse to ride my bike to work now after all the money I have put into it. It sure would be nice living close to a fellow 109Rider! 50 miles will have to be as close as I can get for now.

Hey! I am a hardcore biker! You don't think I am because of my young looks! Don't let that fool you!

-Caneron C.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
OK Cam, there is no reason you should always have to pay for first dates! With equal rights and all, have her pay!:D Then you will save more money to pay off your bills. I don't blame you for not riding your bike to work, since I know where you work, I would lock it up at home to!!! :joke: Actually, working those 12 hr days, you should be RICH by now!!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Just Buy a 1 ton cargo Van and trick it out too!! Like the A-Team or Hardy Boys and take the bike with ya everywhere... First Modd A High teck alarm system....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts