M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1692562&pid=2493753&myphotos=1
The stealer has adjusted my rear brake pedal twice and I think he adjusted the reaction of the light thinking it adjusted the break :swear: . I have not used the rear brake that much due to loss of range of motion in ankle. But this tells me that the brake is rubbing and I never noticed it. You guys tell me ?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Looks like it kinda warm a few times :eek:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My front brake is my primary brake and there isn't even any groves in the rotor ? Doesn't the back brake warrant repair , adjustment .etc ?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine and he tells me that what the dealer said was false that it doesn't take much to ride the break and thats what has happened. When the dealer adjusted the brake pedal he told me I could push the pedal down to a certain point with out the brake engaging, he was going by the back brake light. Census of opinion, am I screwed and the damage is on me even though I was told it was OK. I have to take it to another dealer since I will never take my bike back to were I bought it, check out post Venting for details if interested. :joke: I feel like such a idiot for believing the dealer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
BearCom said:
I have to take it to another dealer since I will never take my bike back to were I bought it,
That's what I have to do around here, place where I bought it has a top notch sales team and a slow, and somewhat sloppy service dept as well as a parts department that almost never gets it right. I have to travel 45 minutes to the next closest dealer who has a terribly showroom and sales dept, but an A+ service and parts......got to do what you got to do!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Is the return spring hooked to the brake pedal? If not, the pedal is being pulled forward by gravity and may be applying the brake slightly but constantly. Man, that rotor looks trashed :eek: I hope you can find someone that can work on your ride and give you good advice all at the same time :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the spring is hooked

G

·
whoa :eek:

I wish I had a bettrr input for you than talk to the GM of the store you took it in for service... remember the service techs and the service advisors do not have the last word on this and that brake needs to be adjusted...

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just took a closer look at it and there is not play what so ever in the brake pedal, is that right or wrong ?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I just happened to look at my rear disc today.................and yours has got REAL hot more than a few times :yikes:........inside of braking surface on the rotor should not have the rainbow look at all, not to mention what the surface its self looks like.

Yours

Mine

Yeah I know it so dirty right now :redfaced:

·
Registered
317 Posts
the only thing you can adjust on the rear brake is the position of the pedal and the light switch, the hydraulics can't be adjusted. for the bake to rub like that, either you rode the brake or there is a problem with the system. caliper sticking? too much fluid? master cylinder not venting properly? its not a drum brake that can be loosened or tightened.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tomorrow or today, can't sleep, I am going to order a brake pedal from a C90 which will be here by the weekend. I think it may fit, I'll just have to drill a hole in it for the spring. If that doesn't work I am going to take the brake pedal from the 9 and beat the hell out of it to straighten it up. Any suggestions or alternatives before the beatings begin this weekend would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
317 Posts
you can rotate the brake pedal forward or you can cut and bend the pedal. both of these mods have been done before and explained. try doing a search.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had done a search but I guess I didn't use the right key words. Ordered the c90 pedal today and will get it thursday, so I will see. I moved the pedal all the way forward with the ability to use the break with out hitting the frame or what ever. But I have to use my heel, in a pinch it will have to do.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts