M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forums so please bear with me. Here is the question. I have an 07 M109R. I bought the bike new. I have always had it serviced and never had any problems with the bike. Today I got the 9 out and went for about an hour ride. Came home and grabbed a bite to eat then got back on the bike for another ride. I was pulling out of my drive in first gear and when I hit about 3k rpm the bike died..... After that the bike will not rev past 3k. It starts acting like its not getting fuel. I am not a mechanic and do not pretend to be. I am at a loss. The bike has 16675 miles on it and only one mod. It has HK Sideburners on it. The bike has always ran great. Anyone have any ideas? ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blakester71, Thank you for your quick reply. I downloaded the SUZUKI VZR1800 Service Manual and it had clear directions oh how to check the Fuel Filter. I will do so and let you know what I find.

·
Registered
960 Posts
This is amateurish of me BUT I have had some real strange crap happen when starting the bike BEFORE the start-up procedure of the servo is finished. You know when you flick on your ignition switch and the key is on teh electrical whirring sound? If you start before that process is finsihed it can do some real weird things. Like a computer, if in doubt, reboot. Did you stop the bike, let it rest a few moments then restart? What happened then?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After much trial and error it seems that is the Fuel pressure regulator. Wish me luck! :dontknow:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts