M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well Riders! It is that time of year again! We are moving to a brand new location!

The Mid-Atlantic Meet for 2023 will be in Grundy, VA.
The MAM needed another option with locations. This location provides riding and routes in every direction. It appears scenic views are everywhere--- but the roads might actually be just as interesting!

When:
June 18-25th, the 25th being the travel day.

Contact info:
Comfort Inn and Suites, 22006 Riverside Dr., Grundy, VA 24614. Phone# 276-935-5050 and ask for Ginny!
Rooms are $90.00 plus tax and reservations must be made before June 1st to get the room rate, cancellations must be done at least 24hrs before date.

Routes are made, so be on the look out! Also! The main posting for the event is on the link below for the FB Mid-Atlantic Meet page. Feel free to load pics, like, and converse their also.

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Future material

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
future material

· Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,735 Posts
Matt, please caution everyone to watch for coal trucks in that area. I'm not sure about that part of VA, but the area of KY and WV right next to it has a lot of coal mines. Not only do they sometimes leave material on the roads, but they are usually not running very fast and you sneak up on them.

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great Matt, look forward to get back to a MAM.
By the way, what are the dates 🤔
Well you would think I would have caught that, Good looking out,

· Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
6,058 Posts
Damn. Over 450 miles (7 - 8 hours by car) from South Central PA.
I don't think this is happening for me (again).:cry:

· Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My norm is 10.5-11hr. So I guess you have to want it.

• Angry
Reactions: HyperPete

· Administrator
6,058 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Ok, I've never been to one of these, but it sounds like a good time. I'm at IT guy, so I do not have, nor do I ever intend to have a Facebook account, can you tell me another way to get info about this?
Any past visitors who could clue me in to what I've been missing?
I still have my '07 M109LE, but don't ride it much anymore, I'm trying to sell it. Is this gathering limited to M109, or all bikes welcome?

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Ok, I've never been to one of these, but it sounds like a good time. I'm at IT guy, so I do not have, nor do I ever intend to have a Facebook account, can you tell me another way to get info about this?
I still have my '07 M109LE, but don't ride it much anymore, I'm trying to sell it. Is this gathering limited to M109, or all bikes welcome?
Read about the 2022 Mid-Atlantic meet. There is info about the meets in general there. As far as info on this one, it will be addeď to the original post here when FuturR makes it available.

· Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,735 Posts
The info they have on Facebook is public, you don't need to have an account to see it and read it, just to post. The link in Matt's post will take you to it.

· Registered
403 Posts
Curious why bunch INFO is blacked out? :geek: 613 miles for me but might go my buddys house in Ohio then wonder down the next day... I've never been but sounds fun! How many normally show up? How many normally show up to this?

· Administrator
6,058 Posts
Curious why bunch INFO is blacked out? :geek: 613 miles for me but might go my buddys house in Ohio then wonder down the next day... I've never been but sounds fun! How many normally show up? How many normally show up to this?
What is "blacked out"?

In the (distant) past, at it's peak, there were over 100. Now it's down to perhaps 2-dozen, sadly.
I'm sure it is still a great time, not to be missed.
Staunton was the traditional home for the meet. When they first changed the location, attendance began to (and continues to) decline.

· Registered
569 Posts
I’m sure the list of names of those attending is on Facebook it says 12 so far ,
Can we get one going on This forum also like normal !
I plan also this year to attend for a few days ,to see good riding buddies
From the past .
Hogan109r / 1 so far / South Carolina

· Registered
403 Posts
What is "blacked out"?

In the (distant) past, at it's peak, there were over 100. Now it's down to perhaps 2-dozen, sadly.
I'm sure it is still a great time, not to be missed.
Staunton was the traditional home for the meet. When they first changed the location, attendance began to (and continues to) decline.
Well its blacked out unless you highlight it, must just poor choice color?
Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Multimedia

· Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,735 Posts
Well its blacked out unless you highlight it, must just poor choice color?
View attachment 421342
Do you have a theme set on your browser, like a dark theme? On my screen the info is black on white background, except for the text that is red, or the blue in the facebook link. It looks like all the other posts in this thread.

· Registered
403 Posts
Do you have a theme set on your browser, like a dark theme? On my screen the info is black on white background, except for the text that is red, or the blue in the facebook link. It looks like all the other posts in this thread.
YES! I do... Must only work on the other setting!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts