M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok people here it is.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...214363,-114.697266&spn=0.816578,1.231842&z=10

8.30am round up for a 9.00am depature.

Our lead rider is BadApl.

Sly and Fixxer are running chase in a support vehicle and trailer.

1st stop is at the Hoover Dam on the Arizona side for a group photo.

It will take at least 3 hours to get from downtown to the Dam, then back across and out to Moapa for lunch. There is a National Park Checkpoint when you turn to go around Lake Mead. A $5 per bike fee is accessed at a toll booth. With a larger group of bikes rolling through I guarantee they will call the Park Rangers in the patrol SUV's and they will be watching the group closely, they have radar and are not shy on writing tickets. On average 5 sport bike riders die every year doing the lakeshore roads. The speed limit is 45 or 50 MPH so keep that in mind.

2nd Stop lunch break at Sugars in Moapa. Great burgers are the speciality.

Leaving Moapa back towards Valley of Fire there is no toll booths but on the way out North towards I-15 there is one, and everyone should plan on stopping and paying. I think it is $5-$10 per bike. The speed limit is 35MPH and I think and the Park Service Rangers run through there also.
We will head back into Vegas along the Strip.

3rd Stop is at the "Welcome to Vegas" sign

As it says really. I think some creative ideas would be welcomed for a group shot. We should at least do a Wives and Girlfriends in bikini top's photo! I know the Aussie Girls are bringing there bikini's for this photo, but we may need some volunteers to lend there bikes for the photo. I'm hoping that some of the other wives and girlfriends will also have a bit of fun and join in. Shelley will be in an Aussie flag Bikini top. Maybe we can get some ladies in a USA and Canadian flag Bikini.
And just so as we are clear, non of these girls (apart from Shelley :-*) is an 18yr old catwalk model. All are very keen to do this in support of this meet/event and add some photo's for our babes on bikes post. I will be very offended if I hear anyone say anything negative or tasteless now or at the time. I would actually hope we all encourage and respect that this is just a bit of fun and in good spirit.

From here we will all be heading back to soak up some pool time or beers and get ready for the evening dinner/party.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Rick and Shelley

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Did someone say bikini tops?

I was at a little pool party yesterday. When did heels become swim attire?

Rick we can use Big Blue as one of the bikes if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I spent the entire Saturday on the weekend adding " parts " to my bike ...

I would be more than happy to offer up my bike for a picture shoot ...

If there are any " loads " being " shot off " around the bikes however we should have a clean up crew assigned ...
:joke:

Oh , here is a local girl on a recent pic on my bike ... also shows off the new risers I just machined ....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Did that exact ride (minus the dam and reverse of your route) this spring on a rented harley with my wife. It was a great ride. Hope the construction on 167 is all gone for you.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Looking foward to it and I think we should use a real LE color bike for the photo shoot Burple, Gregg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts