M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,770 Posts
Kick him off the force, mandatory loss of driver's license, and send him to jail. Hit & run. Probably intoxicated...

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Regular Photo Size
Advertisement

Reports point to trooper in hit-and-run crash
Updated: Monday, 14 Jun 2010, 4:58 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 14 Jun 2010, 4:58 PM EDT

Reporter: Rick Dawson
Editor: Andrew Bonner
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - Indianapolis Metro Police want to know if an Indiana State Trooper was involved in a hit and run accident over the weekend.

There is a police report on indicating a trooper is likely involved and there is clear damage to a couple of motorcycles. Beyond that, few people involved in the case are talking about it Monday.

Witnesses outside the Cadillac Ranch night club downtown say someone in a dark Jeep was trying to maneuver around several motorcycles parked in the street around 1:45 Sunday morning. They say the Jeep knocked over two of the motorcycles, then the driver turned on red and blue strobe lights and left the scene at a high rate of speed.

The witnesses called police.

"We come to find out through all the conversations going on that it was another law enforcement officer who hit the bikes," said Andre McDonald of Glenview, Illinois who owns one of the damaged motorcycles.

McDonald's friend Bill Handler, of Skokie, Illinois, owns the other motorcycle.

"(Police) did admit that it was one of their guys that did it and it's being dealt with," remembers Handler.

And while only the trooper's last name, Harmon, is used in the report, one of the investigating officers noted that he believed the hit and run suspect was the trooper.

McDonald says it doesn't make sense.

"I just can't comprehend whether it's hitting something or someone and you just take off? If that had been me, I'd be sitting in jail right now. No questions asked," he said.

Repeated calls to Indiana State Police weren't returned. But IMPD has been told that the state is now taking over investigating the case.

this is BS i hope they get there bikes fixed. im sure it will be a while.......

·
Banned
408 Posts
DRUNK that's why he didn't stop. So, now he will get charged for some minor offense, the state will fix the bikes & that's all that will happen. He hit his lights because he wanted to make it look like he was going to a emergency call. He'll get a slap on the wrist, if it was US? Arrested & charged.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
:agree: It is ashame that some think they are above the law:super:. If it was one of us common folke we would of been taken to jail & charged accordingly. I am not sure if they were drunk or drinking but if he was, how can he pull over someone & arrest them when he is doing the same?

·
Registered
735 Posts
yep now theres no proof he was even drunk. i had something similar happen in the mid 90's. I always wanna go buy and trash the guys car but i know that i made such ascene about it they would probably be at my house before i could get home

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
sounds like the PD is trying to cover something up and protect the driver who backed into those bikes. :dontknow:

doesn't make sense how some of these law enforcement people think they can get away with something like this. :verymad:

both bikes being owned by people from illinois, makes me wonder if it was done purposely. stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You guys are overreacting. If you were to smash the sh*t out of a cop car then leave the scene they wouldn't care that much! Probably wouldn't even bother looking for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts