M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I am looking at buying an Odyssey battery model PC535. The dimensions indicated on the site shown this replacement battery is 3/8" deeper than the stock. Has anyone used / fitted this battery, cause as I look into the battery box there seems very little room for a fatter deeper battery.
And are they a good battery ??

Here's the PC535 measurements W 5-7/8", D 3-3/4", H 6-1/8" and the stock battery is 5-7/8, D 3-3/8, H 6-1/8.
Why don't you guys use metric that took me for ever to type. LOL

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It fits and rocks.

I got mine about a month ago after seeing many great reviews here.

Shipped, it was cheaper than the OEM from the dealer, it is dry & sealed so no acid to worry about, and it comes charged.

It is a win, win, win.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It fits, thats great news, am I looking at the correct model, being the PC535. As i'm in Australia I really need to get it right the first time. Here's the one I've been looking at buying.
http://gmanindustries.com/product_info.php?products_id=100{22}112

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
That is the one I got.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
The G Man battery is the BEST. :bigthumbsup: I have one and it works GREAT. You might want to get the charger they sell. You can NOT use a regular trickle charger it will void the warrenty and shorten battery life.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
the gman battery is great as a replacement for the stock battery. drops right in. minor adjusting of the cables is required but not a big deal at all.
you're going to love it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
539 Posts
The G-Man Odyssey battery has shaved fins on the sides to make it fit better and you also take out the rubber tray that is under the stock battery to make it fit better. On the new G-Man you do not have to adjust the pos and neg cables. Great battery for those hot days start up. I did buy the charger for the G-Man. I was on my fourth season with the stocker and it was still working fine. Batteries have a tendencey to go bad without warning when you are furthest from home.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I got my Odyssey from G-Man as well. It comes already trimmed to fit the M109R battery box. But mine was a little tighter than expected (you now how virgin bikes are :D ). I trimmed the plastic fins just a little more so I could remove it without much trouble in the event I had to later on. It can fit a little too snug.

Been happy with it ever since.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The G Man battery is the BEST. :bigthumbsup: I have one and it works GREAT. You might want to get the charger they sell. You can NOT use a regular trickle charger it will void the warrenty and shorten battery life.
I did notice their charger.
I already have a CTEK XS800 charger http://www.batteriesdirect.com.au/shop/product/4627/xs800.html
and also the CTEK XS7000 http://www.batteriesdirect.com.au/shop/product/4629/xs7000.html
Hopefully either of these will do the same job. I did read somewhere you need to charge the Odessy at 7amps, seems a smaller trickle charger is a bit weak.

Thanks for all the info guys. :bigthumbsup:
Bob

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
You can get the PC535 and just grind/sand down the plastic fins on the side of the battery to make it fit like Gman does on the battery.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Great info. Can I use a battery tender on an Odyssey? 8)
The Odyssey Battery that requires a 3 amp minimum charge. Most battery tenders do not provide enough. Best to check the trickle charge on your charger. If it does not provide the minimum, get a GMan charger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts